As crappy as that game ended…. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

As crappy as that game ended….

I thought the replays were inconclusive, but the receivers initial reaction was that it hit the ground. He would have protested more if he thought it was clean.

I didn’t personally think it looked like a catch but it was very hard to tell. To me it looked like it wasn’t a catch at all and a review might have found some amazing catch in there.

I didn’t personally think it looked like a catch but it was very hard to tell. To me it looked like it wasn’t a catch at all and a review might have found some amazing catch in there.
That is what is bugging me, I honestly don't know if it was or wasn't a catch. The first quick review, it looked like he caught it.

You don’t know crap about Dino, he knows more about football I his pinky then you will ever know.
Dino punted against Rutgers down 10 at midfield with 7 minutes to go.
Dino let the clock run out last year at Pitt without using his TOs.
I bet Trueblue could have made the proper decision in both of this situations like 99% of the rest of coaches.
So I disagree with your statement just based on Dino’s already done decisions.

That is what is bugging me, I honestly don't know if it was or wasn't a catch. The first quick review, it looked like he caught it.

I’ll be honest, I went back and forth when it happened. I saw the replay and said, wait, was that actually a catch. After he lands though it seemed the ball made contact with the ground and wasn’t quite in his possession. So after calming down, I just don’t think it was. I also wouldn’t be surprised to be wrong if a better camera angle was found

I’ll take ESPN ACC writer and SU alum’s opinion over yours.

He breaks down every team and says FSU has a subpar DL this season. Don’t know where you get your take from but he actually looks at every team’s roster.

FSU is terrible. They are horribly coached. The defensive break downs they had were bad coaching. The kids shouldn’t be making those mistakes in game 5.
I mean, he did also have us ranked as having the worse rushing attack in the ACC as well.

Dino punted against Rutgers down 10 at midfield with 7 minutes to go.
Dino let the clock run out last year at Pitt without using his TOs.
I bet Trueblue could have made the proper decision in both of this situations like 99% of the rest of coaches.
So I disagree with your statement just based on Dino’s already done decisions.
How many years did you spend in the college football ranks ?

I mean, he did also have us ranked as having the worse rushing attack in the ACC as well.

Fair he doesn’t get all right.
I trust Hale over KcSu.
Who probably can’t name a DL player or rotation on any Atlantic team other than us.

How many years did you spend in the college football ranks ?
The fact Dino has spent as many years as he has and he punted against Rutgers when he did earlier this year. Doesn’t help your case.
He also quit at the end of the Pitt game last year.

I don’t care how many years he has.
Bad coaching should get called out.

I feel better about the rest of the season and the offense now than I did after Liberty. We just weren’t going to beat ACC teams by handing the ball to #34 30 times a game.

Shrader had a rough start, but got better as the game went on.

the missed holding call was laughably horrific, but it only gets us into OT if it’s called. No idea what happens there.

Had no issue going for it on 4th and 2 early. We wanted to get the lead and set a tone for the offense.

Chestnut’s interception was the sickest individual defensive play I’ve seen in a long time.

the clock management at the end of the first half can’t happen. Not sure we would have got 3, but we had no chance. Needed to burn the first TO at the :21 mark

we didn’t make winning plays today. If #14 goes after the lateral harder, he gets it. If Wax doesn’t pull up, they might not get 3. Some of those plays have to be made…and you can’t point at the coaches.

the play calling was meh, but got better as the game went on. The one that really annoyed me was the 2nd and goal from the 7 with the QB draw - the roll out was working all game long. Shrader puts pressure on the defense, could have run it three times inside the 10.

ive seen enough ability from our receiving corps to not care what happens to #3. Hope he’s healthy, but if he’s pouting, then he should not get any special treatment to return.

Of course -- because you'd have to be a moron to think otherwise.

Goal this season has always been bowl eligibility. We have the QB to achieve that.

So should bad posting.
Not liking someone’s opinion isn’t bad posting. It’s not like someone’s opinion.

When we go 4-8 this year you will be saying give him another year.

Not liking someone’s opinion isn’t bad posting. It’s not like someone’s opinion.

When we go 4-8 this year you will be saying give him another year.
We aren’t going 4-8 save this

100’s

Just curious not only did Harris not make the trip today but neither did the punter Williams, but why do people think Harris stayed back for some type of disciplinary issue was there some rumors? He did miss a game earlier this season with an injury.
i don't know how to do it but it's in the game thread, he tweeted out "I know what I'm worth." Seems to indicate he's displeased about something. Given his antics on the field (pouting when he doesn’t get the ball, flipping the bird last year) it's gotta be disciplinary. We've probably seen the last of him and that may be a good thing.

You don’t know crap about Dino, he knows more about football I his pinky then you will ever know.
he got his hands under the ball, thats about all you could see at first glance.. the ref who ruled it no catch was actually behind the play the ref with a decent view on the inside made no call.. it should at worse have gotten a review.

So should bad posting.
This was about as predictable a loss as anyone could have seen since 2017, but for less positive reasons. I’m not going to chalk it up as “the refs always take these from us”.

im typically as optimistic as anyone but today was a day to handle business. Aside from 2018, we’ve struggled to do that.

This was about as predictable a loss as anyone could have seen since 2017, but for less positive reasons. I’m not going to chalk it up as “the refs always take these from us”.

im typically as optimistic as anyone but today was a day to handle business. Aside from 2018, we’ve struggled to do that.

That's what you took from my post?

I'm really tired of this crap. You were ringing alarm bells all week about how we were going to get smoked. Then, we go toe-to-toe with FSU and could / possibly should have won, and now it's all about how how the coaching failed.

I did not watch the whole game mostly I just followed it but you know I have a feeling that Florida State, their going to turn the corner , I mean they obviously have talent and sometimes coaching staffs take longer to implement their systems and all that & the FSU coach did very well at Memphis.
So what I'm getting at is that as bad as we played that last Drive I think we outplayed FSU. I seen a lot of positives on the offensive side of the ball. The defense you don't have to worry about. I was worried the whole season that the defense was going to have to keep us in every game but if the offensive line continues to progress and Schrader does the same we can make some noise!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom