As I watch the UM/MSU game... | Syracusefan.com

As I watch the UM/MSU game...

orangecuse

Hall of Fame
I am reminded whether all of these throw back unis are really necessary. First of all, for the most part, I find them to be quite putrid. I don't like them in the NFL & certainly do not in college.

The other question I have is, during this prolonged time of general economic difficulty, couldn't university athletic departments spend their money more efficiently? I have no idea how much it costs to fit an entire football team, but it can't be cheap. They should take this money and instead of wasting it away, put it towards other things, maybe even giving it to the olympic sports teams instead where it would be used more prudently...Just my $.02.

I like throwbacks, and especially with teams wanting to change jerseys every other game, I think they are all that more important to those who get nostalgic about a simpler time.

Economically, I have no doubt that schools would not be doing this if not for the potential to make more money... not less.

I am reminded whether all of these throw back unis are really necessary. First of all, for the most part, I find them to be quite putrid. I don't like them in the NFL & certainly do not in college.

The other question I have is, during this prolonged time of general economic difficulty, couldn't university athletic departments spend their money more efficiently? I have no idea how much it costs to fit an entire football team, but it can't be cheap. They should take this money and instead of wasting it away, put it towards other things, maybe even giving it to the olympic sports teams instead where it would be used more prudently...Just my $.02.

Yes. The new throwback jersey is no throwback at all.

I kind of liked the way the Spartans looked, except that their numbers were hard to read. I also liked that they won. They are my second favorite team to SU.

MSU wasn't throwback; it was the Nike Pro Combat unis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom