Song to break out of tunnel to pump everyone up... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Song to break out of tunnel to pump everyone up...

Great great thread. How about: the Ataris— “the boys of summer”. The chorus is great. Great pump up song; especially the chorus !!

Last edited:
And whoever made that journey intro for the Clemson game hype thread. That was phenomenal. I listened on repeat for a week too.

The tunnel intro, while the team is assembling, should be Ecstasy of Gold.

I'd like to hear if Coach Fran has an opinion on this subject. This is his show, and we should want to support him in any way possible.

In addition to Coach Fran, does Otto's Army have an opinion?

The Spring Game could be a good time to try out a couple of options to see if the crowd reacts.

I expect a larger than normal crowd at the Spring Game.
  • The hype leading up to the Spring Game is as good as it has been in recent years.
  • The Spring Game is following what should be a good Lacrosse game. I expect there will be some carryover from event to event. Hopefully there will be activities on the Quad to keep people entertained or fed between events.
  • Should also be a big recruiting weekend. If I understand the recruiting calendar correctly, the weekend of the Spring Game is also the first weekend for the class of 2025 to take official visits. Having a good crowd for the Spring Game could give recruits a glimpse of what it will be like in the fall. This is a chance for fans to do our part to sell the program.

I'd like to hear if Coach Fran has an opinion on this subject. This is his show, and we should want to support him in any way possible.

In addition to Coach Fran, does Otto's Army have an opinion?

The Spring Game could be a good time to try out a couple of options to see if the crowd reacts.

I expect a larger than normal crowd at the Spring Game.
  • The hype leading up to the Spring Game is as good as it has been in recent years.
  • The Spring Game is following what should be a good Lacrosse game. I expect there will be some carryover from event to event. Hopefully there will be activities on the Quad to keep people entertained or fed between events.
  • Should also be a big recruiting weekend. If I understand the recruiting calendar correctly, the weekend of the Spring Game is also the first weekend for the class of 2025 to take official visits. Having a good crowd for the Spring Game could give recruits a glimpse of what it will be like in the fall. This is a chance for fans to do our part to sell the program.
Exactly, the coach/students/players should choose.

I say this everytime this topic comes up, and I’m always right…

SU should toss some money at the WWE’s music team to write an original entrance song, and also create an entrance video.

Literally no entity on Earth does entrances better than the WWE.

The problem I have with the students is they're here for a brief time and then they're gone. The paying public is hear for the long haul and I'd rather cater to the 38K rather than the 2K. I doubt the Alabama players picked Thunderstruck yet the place is going bonkers and I'm sure the players are jumping out of their skin from the electricity of the crowd.

and then what players or students get a vote ? Majority rules, seniors, captains? ...and then the Dome is thumping a tune that 75% of the fans might not like so they stay in the parking for a few more pops.

The problem I have with the students is they're here for a brief time and then they're gone. The paying public is hear for the long haul and I'd rather cater to the 38K rather than the 2K. I doubt the Alabama players picked Thunderstruck yet the place is going bonkers and I'm sure the players are jumping out of their skin from the electricity of the crowd.

and then what players or students get a vote ? Majority rules, seniors, captains? ...and then the Dome is thumping a tune that 75% of the fans might not like so they stay in the parking for a few more pops.
75% of fans aren't going to come into the game until after warmups because they don't like the intro song? Lol

75% of fans aren't going to come into the game until after warmups because they don't like the intro song? Lol

Nah that's not really what I meant. I worded it pretty terribly and didn't articulate my thought that well.

Part of being on time is the event nature of the intro. People shouldn't want to miss it. What we do now is a shoulder shrug. No one cares. People literally do not want to miss the VT intro and that is driven by the music feeding the atmosphere.

One thing I notice is that you're good at tearing suggestions down and poking fun at people's music choices but I've yet to see you put yourself out there with any suggestion of substance.

We get it that you hate ACDC and Metallica but literally millions of people all over the world people go bonkers for that stuff.

I think it makes sense to have a mixture of options, maybe some more modern that the students will like and others that the local and alumni crowd dynamic will like.

Not sure why it always has to be one or the other here. You can have some AC/DC / Metallica thing that is nostalgic or just sounds cool and still have something EDM or whatever for the students, or whatever's currently on trend their gravitating to.

If the goal is to create something that’s a tradition, I can’t see how this works. Unless the tradition is a new song picked by students every year, which is sorta pointless. I’m not going to get excited about something I know will be used for six games and thrown in the trash bin.

But If the goal is to create something 80% of the crowd doesn’t care about and will largely be apathetic about - this is clearly the best approach.

Last edited:
Not the students, not the players, not the coaches, not alums.

Not an existing pop metal or hip hop song.

Hire professionals and do it right.

W. W. E.

When the NJ Devils had to change their goal song, I think they tried out about six songs through that season before they found one that kinda worked. It took about another year for the fan base to fully embrace it.

One advantage to WWE is they assess quickly if something is working or has potential to work - and if they don’t feel it can, they move on quickly. That’d be one of the advantages of hiring WWE - giving them the freedom to punt and move on to the next option quickly would be a big plus. With only 6-7 home games a year, if this takes as long as the Devils did on the goal song, we’ll get something that works around 2035.

This question comes up about once a year and my answer is always the same.

IMG_4312.jpeg

Last edited:
I say this everytime this topic comes up, and I’m always right…

SU should toss some money at the WWE’s music team to write an original entrance song, and also create an entrance video.

Literally no entity on Earth does entrances better than the WWE.

I can't stand wrestling. But you are so right. No one. No one does this better. They are simply unparalleled at intros. And no one is close.

Great song, great band.

Don't think the upstate NY fanbase is too into jazz/funk/soul though...
In many cases the people need to be told what is good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom