Ashton Broyld | Syracusefan.com

Ashton Broyld

kcsu

Living Legend
Ashton is the most dynamic play maker Doug has recruited to date and i hope that he does everything in his power to build our O around him. I think that he may have the most potential of any QB we have had since DM. Sure he is raw but if the O is built for him he has a chance to be a very special player for us. The key will be changing the O to fit his talents.

I think that "changing the offense" has been in the works since Spence was fired. Nassib was a GRob guy, Paulus and Loeb were Spence guys. Ever since we've recruited Kinder, Miller, Hunt, Broyld who are all athletic QB's. Nassib has some athleticism but nothing like any of the guys Marrone has brought in since Spence was fired. I think they will try to make Nassib run more this year (as I believe Rahme mentioned) and possibly see a few packages for one of the more athletic types (possibly Broyld). Then next year (assuming Marrone is back) you'll see us really take advantage of the team's athletic QB's.

i agree and hope so broyld is a freakish talent i want the ball in his hand

Do you think he'll end up being red-shirted? If he does indeed work towards playing the qb position I think it makes the most sense - give him that time to figure all the nuances out

As much of a critic as I've been of Nassib, something dramatic would have to happen for AB to get some serious burn this year. Either Ryan gets hurt or AB comes in like gang busters. Chances are neither will happen.

Expect to see Hunt/Kinder as the guy who gets a few snaps here and there and AB to redshirt...then have a shot at taking over next year.

As much of a critic as I've been of Nassib, something dramatic would have to happen for AB to get some serious burn this year. Either Ryan gets hurt or AB comes in like gang busters. Chances are neither will happen.

Expect to see Hunt/Kinder as the guy who gets a few snaps here and there and AB to redshirt...then have a shot at taking over next year.
I need to clarify my post. i hope Ashton redshirts this year starts in 2013

Seems I remember something about Broyld only being a part time starter in prep school. He is a great athlete but I'm sure he will struggle with the mental part of the QB position and the fact that the game will be played at a much higher speed than what he is used to. These are not Monroe county high school kids he is going up against. Doubt he will start, not with a returning QB and other athletic Qbs on the sidelines with experience in the system.

Broyld will redshirt, and this year will be used to see if he can cut it at QB compared to the other guys, mainly Hunt. I realize Hunt might be in the doghouse right now, but considering the life he has had HCDM will just keep more of an eye on him and try to inspire the kid to continue being the great kid he has always been. I think Doug really wants Hunt to be the one. If Hunt has a good spring and summer I think he'll take snaps in more than a few of the games. Broyld they try and move the receiver because the athleticism is so high.

Sorry, no way Broyld moves to receiver. TE, perhaps. DE/LB, I could see it. WR is out of the question.

Broyld only played the minutes he did b/c Milford is stacked with talented players. Not an indictment of his ability at all, many players played limited minutes/games.

Broyld only played the minutes he did b/c Milford is stacked with talented players. Not an indictment of his ability at all, many players played limited minutes/games.

Right. And if Milford wants players to keep attending, they have to make sure everyone gets exposure.

When is the last time we got a QB from Milford that played? Has it ever happened?

Any chance that Marrone's statement that he was going to trim down the system for Ryan was more directed toward our younger QBs than Nassib? I have no idea how capable Hunt and Kinder (or Ashton) are of picking up a system, but it crossed my mind.

When is the last time we got a QB from Milford that played? Has it ever happened?

We didn't really get a QB from Milford. We recruited a QB out of HS who couldn't qualify and so he went to Milford so he could still play here one day.

Having said that, I agree with you about Hunt. Is he participating this spring? Haven't followed much of that story.

Ashton is the most dynamic play maker Doug has recruited to date and i hope that he does everything in his power to build our O around him. I think that he may have the most potential of any QB we have had since DM. Sure he is raw but if the O is built for him he has a chance to be a very special player for us. The key will be changing the O to fit his talents.

I had lunch with a Syracuse assistant coach two weeks ago. Without going into detail, Marrone really really likes Broyld and thinks he is the one QB on the roster who has the chance to be a special player. In fact, in the event Syracuse does go back to the wildcat package next season, consideration will be given to whether Broyld should be the quarterback running it (recognizing of course that Broyld is very raw).

I think that "changing the offense" has been in the works since Spence was fired. Nassib was a GRob guy, Paulus and Loeb were Spence guys. Ever since we've recruited Kinder, Miller, Hunt, Broyld who are all athletic QB's. Nassib has some athleticism but nothing like any of the guys Marrone has brought in since Spence was fired. I think they will try to make Nassib run more this year (as I believe Rahme mentioned) and possibly see a few packages for one of the more athletic types (possibly Broyld). Then next year (assuming Marrone is back) you'll see us really take advantage of the team's athletic QB's.
I agree but the success of ANY offense begins and ends with the O-line.Failure with at unit pretty much guarantees failure of the team. If the offense cannot sustain drives and give the defense some rest the team will lose.Scoring takes a bit of pressure off the D. It can also inspire the defense to greater heights.:cool:

I think everybody needs to ease up on the expectations across the board. Let's see what happens this spring.

Spread option.

Bring back the old turf.

interior.jpg

"
I think everybody needs to ease up on the expectations across the board. Let's see what happens this spring.
Expectations?" You mean like winning games? If you don't have that you don't follow a team! No expectations means no fannies in the seats Expectations are the lifeblood of sports and their fans.couchburn

Spread option.

Bring back the old turf.

interior.jpg

You always do such a great job illustrating your points with images. I think Pinterest.com stole your idea!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom