Asiantii Woulard | Syracusefan.com

Asiantii Woulard

wfschrec

Minister Of Defense
Any chance we go after him now that Skip is leaving USF???? Maybe he is back to square 0 ... after seeing our offense maybe he decides to give us another look?

I don't know that we'd bring in a third QB.

I would like to believe we wouldn't tell an Elite 11 QB thanks but no thanks if he decided we were a good fit after all. We have recruited QBs and moved them quite a bit ... KJ, Catalina, Robinson .. can't see why we couldn't do the same with other guys if we can get a guy of that caliber.

NC State, isn't that what someone said?

I hadn't heard anything indicating as such ... it appeared he reopened so I wasn't sure ... maybe he did choose NC State.

he visited NC St a few weeks ago - had a good time, this was all before the coaching changes

I don't think the current commits would be very happy. Maybe the staff rates the ones we have higher than him.

Doubt that DM would sign a third QB. However, OG Cameron Ruff, 6-4, 280, from Tampa, is another story.

Holds an SU offer. Scout describes him thusly:

"Ruff plays OT for his team but projects higher on the inside at guard. Ruff has a nice base and bend in the hips. He also shows good footwork and the ability to redirect defenders. As a run blocker he can drive people off the ball. he’s a stalwart on the Jesuit defensive front, playing over the center, three-technique and even defensive end when they go to a three man front. He shows pretty good athleticism and agility for a big man."

BTW, can someone explain to me why it seems like half of USF's commits are from Tampa Jesuit? The Church wouldn't be paying these guys to play HS football, now would they?

Anyway, I'd like to see DM get on the horn to this guy.

Doubt that DM would sign a third QB. However, OG Cameron Ruff, 6-4, 280, from Tampa, is another story.

Holds an SU offer. Scout describes him thusly:

"Ruff plays OT for his team but projects higher on the inside at guard. Ruff has a nice base and bend in the hips. He also shows good footwork and the ability to redirect defenders. As a run blocker he can drive people off the ball. he’s a stalwart on the Jesuit defensive front, playing over the center, three-technique and even defensive end when they go to a three man front. He shows pretty good athleticism and agility for a big man."

BTW, can someone explain to me why it seems like half of USF's commits are from Tampa Jesuit? The Church wouldn't be paying these guys to play HS football, now would they?

Anyway, I'd like to see DM get on the horn to this guy.

Ruff recently reaffirmed after Holtz was fired, doesn't mean we shouldn't go after him though.

Mikey Bart seems to be an option though. There's some smoke out there about him considering Cuse.

You're right. He's got an SU offer. Didn't include him b/c I didn't think we'd go after another TE. Also plays DE, though...and I like his film. BTW, wears 44:

Asiantii won that Elite 11...which is crazy considering how little experience he has at QB.

No and theres no reason we would want him at this point.

I don't understand this. This kid is the top dual threat QB in the nation. He won the Elite 11.

But, if he wants Syracuse your going to tell him no?

I am sure he isn't going to be interested based on our 2 commits in QB in this class. But, if he was interested, you try and get him.

I don't understand this. This kid is the top dual threat QB in the nation. He won the Elite 11.

But, if he wants Syracuse your going to tell him no?

I am sure he isn't going to be interested based on our 2 commits in QB in this class. But, if he was interested, you try and get him.
He would have to initiate the contact. Can't risk alienating someone (ZA) who has been so loyal throughout the recruiting process.

He would have to initiate the contact. Can't risk alienating someone (ZA) who has been so loyal throughout the recruiting process.

I'd even take it a step further, specifically because we have 2 high school QB's in this class already. He'd have to initiate the contact and I would get the ok on it from the 2 committed QB's before going after him. Worst case scenario - you don't land him and you alienate one of the guys that are already committed if you don't do that.

Zach, without having met him, seems like a kid who loves the University as opposed to just the football team.

Don't quite understand the alienating aspect unless they told him that they would stop recruiting QB's after his commitment (which could be the case since Wilson committed first).

But, everyone was slobbing over Ogundeko and now a higher rated recruit at the most important position on offense is available and people are saying Syracuse should pass if there is potential interest?

A phone call never hurts. Plus, these 2 QB's already have a relationship from Elite 11.

I'm fairly certain we weren't recruiting him as a QB anyways

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom