Auburn got screwed | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Auburn got screwed

when i grew up the hand was considered to be ball. i can't stand when they call a foul for hitting the hand on a trey after the ball is released. that was not the case here. this was full body contact during the release.

Definitely a foul on the shot. Body into the shooter's thigh/waist before the shot was released.
The double-dribble was missed. I didn't see where the refs were at the time, but they must have assumed the defender hit the ball. Without seeing if that definitely did happen or didn't, you just don't blow the whistle.

Tough for Auburn fans. Will soon be forgotten in the grand scheme of things in the Virginia and national narrative.

Auburn touched him that caused the double dribble. Referee was just too late to call it foul until the second foul.

I think it happened just before the contact... but it ultimately doesn’t matter.

Should have been called regardless.

964BBFB7-0BC8-4C04-83B2-3F8FE326381E.jpeg

Foul was legit. You can’t undercut, especially if you make contact pre-release. No issues there.

The missed DD was a tough call, but should have been made.

Someone’s going to need to help me on Auburn’s possession where the got the reboun with :30 to go. Called time out with just over :20 and then inbounded to the backcourt.

I thought they did away with the :10 reset after a timeout? Should that have been :10 violation?

Definitely a foul on the shot. Body into the shooter's thigh/waist before the shot was released.
The double-dribble was missed. I didn't see where the refs were at the time, but they must have assumed the defender hit the ball. Without seeing if that definitely did happen or didn't, you just don't blow the whistle.

Tough for Auburn fans. Will soon be forgotten in the grand scheme of things in the Virginia and national narrative.

No, it won't.

Do you think that the NCAA didn't want Auburn in the championship game so that it won't have to deal with vacating their possible championship once everything comes out dealing with the FBI investigation of Chuck Person?

Do you think that the NCAA didn't want Auburn in the championship game so that it won't have to deal with vacating their possible championship once everything comes out dealing with the FBI investigation of Chuck Person?

All I know is it cost me the chance at $360. Bastards

Everyone quit bellyaching for Auburn ..all the morons had to do was not give the foul intentionally with 1.5 seconds left and UVA about to hurl a desperation 45 footer

Jerome would have been taking that shot from closer than people realize. It wasn't going to be a halfcourt heave. It would have been unguarded and straight on. Not a high percentage look but certainly makeable

Jerome would have been taking that shot from closer than people realize. It wasn't going to be a halfcourt heave. It would have been unguarded and straight on. Not a high percentage look but certainly makeable
Makeable in the way that any shot that is taken towards the hoop is “makeable”

Makeable in the way that any shot that is taken towards the hoop is “makeable”

Eh. He's a great 3 point shooter who would have been shooting uncontested from a few feet outside NBA range with his momentum going towards the hoop. IDK the percentage on that but it's not far off the percentage on a heavily contested, fadeaway corner 3.

Someone’s going to need to help me on Auburn’s possession where the got the reboun with :30 to go. Called time out with just over :20 and then inbounded to the backcourt.

I thought they did away with the :10 reset after a timeout? Should that have been :10 violation?
I was thinking the same thing. Looked like Auburn rebounded with 0:31 or 0:30 left, and they called the timeout at 20.6 seconds left, about 8 feet away from midcourt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom