Avatar 2: The way of the water | Syracusefan.com

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
Vacillating between saying one of the greatest movies ever made or just a great movie. Certainly The most visually stunning movie I’ve ever seen, especially in 3-D on the big screen. Very much worth a viewing. This review summed it up for me.

When I saw the first one I was pretty blown away. I was also…under the influence. Oh, and we misread the start time and showed up 20’ late and had to sit front row. If ever a movie to be that close though…

Vacillating between saying one of the greatest movies ever made or just a great movie. Certainly The most visually stunning movie I’ve ever seen, especially in 3-D on the big screen. Very much worth a viewing. This review summed it up for me.

My question is, WTH are you up doing Movie reviews at 3:30 am?

My question is, WTH are you up doing Movie reviews at 3:30 am?
old man fell asleep drooling in his easy chair around 1030pm, woke up wide eyed 3am able to stew awhile thinking about what it was the heck we just saw earlier, then 1hr of a sandra bullock flick put me under again, but not until had some lucidity to post above. Just great getting old.....drooling, falling asleep in ones chair like my father did.....guess it's beats the alternative!

old man fell asleep drooling in his easy chair around 1030pm, woke up wide eyed 3am able to stew awhile thinking about what it was the heck we just saw earlier, then 1hr of a sandra bullock flick put me under again, but not until had some lucidity to post above. Just great getting old...drooling, falling asleep in ones chair like my father did...guess it's beats the alternative!
I mean, sounds like an alright time.

I went Friday night. (I really, really liked the first movie and was anticipating another great experience.) There was a fire at the theatre. We evacuated. They said once the building was cleared by the FD, we could resume the movie. At that point, I didn’t find anything compelling enough for me to go back into the theater. Just wasn’t a very good story (effects were amazing).
Fast forward to today. My kids, etc. wanted to see it. We did the 4X thing. I was hoping for a different experience. Still not a good movie. To me, it’s amazing special effects that needed a story in order to get a theme park.
Just my $.02.

Pretty much how I felt about the first one.. Very good use of the color blue for 2-3 hrs.

I liked the first one. Mostly.

Somehow, though, I have zero interest in the sequel. It’s kinda like the concept feels very, very dated and cheesy.

I do like 3D, though. It has been a long time since I’ve had one of those experiences.

I liked it. I was entertained. Didn't feel like it was as long as the run time. Went on $5 Tuesday so that was cool.

I saw the film on Friday for a day date with the Mrs, including a nice beer at 11:00 AM (which is a nice perk aside from the company). My review: more emotional storyline than the first Avatar movie. Incredible visuals (na’vi blue was everywhere), which is entertaining and worth the price of admission to see in a theatre. But, the story is a bit stale and the cadence of the movie felt very similar to the first one to the point where it felt redundant in a way. The Mrs and I enjoyed it and we’re glad we saw it in the theatre, but agreed we wouldn’t want to see it again. Will we see the next one in the theatre when it comes out? Yes, also (hopefully) with a beer in hand.

I liked it well enough. Agree the effects were good, although it highlights how damn good the effects were in the first one because we rewatched it with my daughter before seeing this one (she hadn't seen it) and the effects from the original stand up just as good now. Nothing like the Star Wars prequels or movies from that late-90's era where the effects are incredibly gimmicky and obvious now.

I loathe 3D and didn’t think the effects of the first one (sans 3D) were as special as they were billed to be. Idk, I think this is just one of those franchises that’s not for me.

I have not found a 3d movie yet that i really enjoyed the 3d part.. There have been some nice moments but long before that the 3d fun has run out for me.

I have not found a 3d movie yet that i really enjoyed the 3d part.. There have been some nice moments but long before that the 3d fun has run out for me.
The 4X was a bit overwhelming. The moving seats were jolting.

I believe the year in the new movie is roughly 2160. We know they have Oakley’s and it makes me wonder about other aspects of the world. What is going on back on earth? What was Boeheim’s record in the 58-59 season?

It weirded me out that the avatar clone bodies had tattoos.

I had to see it in IMAX and the filmmaking is very cool.
Really though, are moviegoers clamoring for three more of these??

I am really shocked its made so much money.. its not like anyone was saying boy i wish they made another avatar over the yrs.

visually pretty cool, but 3 hrs of that ? and then more sequels of that.

I had to see it in IMAX and the filmmaking is very cool.
Really though, are moviegoers clamoring for three more of these??
No one knows what they want until the media tells them

I still havent talked to one person locally who has seen it. I know a dozen who went to see Top Gun. with Regal closing might be awhile before i see another movie in person unless i get up to Destiny with time to kill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom