Avoiding the trap scare.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Avoiding the trap scare..

I don’t know what higher expectations actually gets you

Reactions: gbo
I think we can make this Clemson game a war. Have to watch Etienne like a hawk and contain him and have to get into the backfield and try and rattle Lawrence if that's possible. One thing is that Lawrence has tossed a few picks so he isn't perfect.

On offense we have to keep things positive. Dungey cannot be trying to outrun Clemson off the edge. Really excited for this one.

I feel like whatever board we were using in 2001 was lit that week of the 2001 Miami game. Was it 3 boards ago? I can’t keep track.
How were the expectations and H0T Takes because I'm most looking forward to that?

I don’t know what higher expectations actually gets you

Valid point in a way. But I like to think of this as a recovery from many years of being beaten down.

Let’s start thinking about being a winning program rather than one that ascends to the Holy Grail of 6-6.

How were the expectations and H0T Takes because I'm most looking forward to that?

Eehhh I feel like with the exception of one guy (Igor lolololol) pretty much everyone knew what that 2001 Miami team was.

The football board leading up to next weekend is going to be a good read...
You are here posting, and other Clemson fans have been around as well, with no doubt more coming around this week,
The point is fans of a back to back NC playoff team care about the Syracuse game. We made them care with the upset last year and the 4-0 start. It's a step for us.

You are here posting, and other Clemson fans have been around as well, with no doubt more coming around this week,
The point is fans of a back to back NC playoff team care about the Syracuse game. We made them care with the upset last year and the 4-0 start. It's a step for us.
Not really as far as I go. I'm here regardless of how either team is doing since this is my homeboard.

It’s also worth noting that UConn’s offense was supposed to be their strength. Their defense was Swiss cheese.

That's the thing though; we let their offense look better than it was. The score did not reflect how one sided this game was, which is saying something considering we won by 30 points.

Not really as far as I go. I'm here regardless of how either team is doing since this is my homeboard.

I’ve been to tigernet - it’s um

Reactions: gbo
I vaguely recall Igor claiming that we had more talent than Miami and that RJ Anderson was NFL material.

I'm pretty sure SaintTristan contributed with a satisfying review of a French wine and multiple insults for everyone.

...well, there’s a lot of merit to that. It’s a sign of a maturing program.

But giving up 21 points to UConn, which is probably a 60th percentile 1-AA team?

That is not good enough. The standard needs to be higher, and we need to demand it be higher.

So the guy with "The Stinger" as an avatar wants higher standards. Got it.

I feel like whatever board we were using in 2001 was lit that week of the 2001 Miami game. Was it 3 boards ago? I can’t keep track.
Having been a denizen if the board in 2001, I don’t remember the board as being lit. That team was Dwight Freeney and that’s about it... every thing else was smoke and mirrors l. Also Coach P had a history of epic national tv beat downs. All this to say I don’t think anyone was too surprised at the result.

...well, there’s a lot of merit to that. It’s a sign of a maturing program.

But giving up 21 points to UConn, which is probably a 60th percentile 1-AA team?

That is not good enough. The standard needs to be higher, and we need to demand it be higher.

Good lord

I don't know what that is but it sounds bad. Please don't post a pic.
The THOUGHT of a pic makes me cry. Now you know someone will do it.

P.s. I had one on my head once. I was floating in the lake in Maine and one jumped on my head when I went under some trees. My mother-in-law spotted it about 20 minutes later and calmly came up to me, cupped her hand, and flung it away from me like a shot putter. I saw the thing making a 360 in the air, land on the water, and then begin swimming to shore. If I had known that was on my head, I would have had convulsions, ended in an institution, and you and I wouldn’t be having this pleasant conversation now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom