Aye | Syracusefan.com

Aye

That era spoiled me rotten when it came to dunks. We made it seem so easy. The best part of that Indiana game in MSG was seeing Knight just lose it on the sideline. His team had no answer for the blitz of showtime we put on them.

Not my video, just found it browsing around.

I was at that game in those first highlights: at MSG vs IU, right after the NC Keith Smart loss. I was sitting with some buddies behind some IU fans in my standard suit-&-tie, as we'd all come straight from the new jobs we got in Manhattan after graduation.
We were young, obnoxious, loud, and boy did we tear into those IU fans! All the frustration of the NC loss was let out in that ass whupping we handed them that night.
I honestly believe that THIS game announced our arrival as a perennial powerhouse on a national level. Back then you weren't on TV very often, and when Sherm did that football pass for a dunk, Dicky V went insane. It was like we had smoothly transitioned from the Pearl Era at the Dome, to a national draw with future POY Derrick Coleman, NCAA assists leader Sherm Douglas, and #1 recruit (along w/ Alonzo Mourning at GTown), Billy Owens- not to mention Stevie Thompson, Dave Johnson, etc. Great memories.

Last edited:
Back then our bigs could all handle and pass. It made running so much easier.
And the guards didn't have to rebound, because the big guys grabbed them all. Enabling Stevie to take off. How many times was he already down court? How often do you see it now?

man if Stevie T could have developed even a semblance of a jump shot he woulda been an AA and probably an NBA star - it's unreal how effortlessly he could just fly through the air

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom