Babers called for QBs - how about this kid? | Syracusefan.com

Babers called for QBs - how about this kid?

LAOrange

Starter
http://gazette.com/article/1569164

"Given the name Elway at birth, compared by his teammates to Peyton Manning and trying to emulate Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, Vista Ridge QB Elway Tubbs lets his real passer qualities speak for themselves on the field.

His 8,000 career passing yards, 89-to-34 touchdown-interception ratio, big arm and touted "high football IQ" apparently weren't enough to land a scholarship, though.

His 6-foot, 195-pound frame was deemed too small. His rush yards, too few. The offers were nowhere to be found.

"I didn't get a Division I or II offer," Tubbs said as National Signing Day loomed this week. "I was pretty shocked by it.

"But I guess everything happens for a reason. I'm not giving up on my dream."

Tubbs must further prove himself."

His HS Coach is totally sold on him. Stated he has the ability to pass over and around 6'6'' linemen. Reminds me a bit of the the 6' quarterback that Babers had at BG.

He's obviously used to slinging the ball around but that's a lot of INTs.

Agreed. Averaging 1 INT per 2.6 TD against HS talent gives me some reason to pause...

No D1 or D2 offers? What's the catch? There's got to be something other than questions about his height or lack of running.