Babers fired according to Thamel | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Babers fired according to Thamel

I'd settle for some of those football alumni sending their kids to SU.
Poor player develop, scheme, and bad S&C is why most former players have been encouraging their kids to go elsewhere. It should have been a giant red flag to folks that most alums’ kids never even remotely considered SU.

I know when a new HC is named, he brings in "his guys" to fill ass't/position coaches.
I know this is rarely done... but I'd kind of like to see the staff stay( except for Edinger)
when the new HC is selected.
Unless the new HC is bringing in 3 from Georgia,3 from Ohio St and 3 from WAshington...

The University is putting the finishing touches on the Dome and Football complex. They are in a shaky potatoes situation conference wise. They may not be saved by a High functioning basketball program in the future ( even if they return to glory). Right now the school has to get this right its big business now to play in a big football conference.
They have to take almost a Vince lombardi take on the football program going forward as in Football isnt everything , its the only thing. I know he said winning isnt everything its the only thing but The University has to take the attitude that football is king and for the health of the program. The health of non revenue sports , the health of the entire athletic department going forward, and the payback of all this money spent on the all these upgrades and last but not least the size of future fan base and donors both big and small the school has to put Football first including this hire.
Play big time football or just get out, go back to being a regional Uconn level program.

Good luck to Dino and good luck to Wildhack going foward

Recruiting isn’t the same now. It’s more like NFL free agency. Getting on your knees for an 18 year old isn’t the #1 priority now.

OK, well you mean the guy that hasn't coached CFB in 18 of the past 23 years? The guy who isn't even striving to be a coordinator or HC again? You think he's staying on top of the ins and out of running a college football program?

I do a monthly subscription to the new one and donate a flat sum to Lallys. And I donated a yacht.
Which one is the best one? Whichever one really moves the needle.

Also if you donate don’t have any say in decision making as to how the funds are used?

I was wondering if you were ever going to part with the yacht.
ss-minnow-e1402506143607.jpg

This is why Thamel is an asshat; from his article

Babers' recent struggles have highlighted what a difficult job Syracuse is, especially in the era of the transfer portal. Syracuse has lost several high-profile players in recent seasons to SEC and Big Ten schools, some of them leaving despite knowing they would play significantly less.

not true. Not one player left knowing they would play significantly less. They all left thinking they would be starters. He’s a tool.
Pete and his Vulcan eyebrows can kiss my arse

Which one is the best one? Whichever one really moves the needle.

Also if you donate don’t have any say in decision making as to how the funds are used?

I don’t know which one is “best”. They are both used for the same purpose. The subscription one is kind of cool. And they add some perks for your money. You can earmark your money to specific places like team and I think player.

I don’t know which one is “best”. They are both used for the same purpose. The subscription one is kind of cool. And they add some perks for your money. You can earmark your money to specific places like team and I think player.
Thanks. Yeah I was more interested in how it’s used to target players out of the portal but maybe that’s not as seamless.

Recruiting isn’t the same now. It’s more like NFL free agency. Getting on your knees for an 18 year old isn’t the #1 priority now.
Wonder how he feels though working with NIL, a factor out of his control as
coach when recruiting? Just wondering if he would enjoy sucking up to boosters to donate to it?

Don't think the problem was Dino at all. The problem is SU's standing in the college football heirarchy.

A northeastern private school that had a glorious football tradition, but which has become increasingly limited in terms of its football potential.

Yes, hope springs eternal. But I don't think we're likely to be any more relevant with a new coach than we are right now. All the best to Dino. He tried his best, he had some success, but ultimately ran up against the new realities of big-time college football.
Haven’t read the whole thread yet but IMO folks had better start tempering expectations no matter who walks thru the door. “I don’t get it, he was a good recruiter at XYZ…”

So guys like Dan Lanning who were never HCs aren’t worth the risk? Just asking your opinion because there are some serious studs out there that are OCs like Grubb that I would sign up for in a second
Give me a guy like Lanning all day…defense too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom