Babers Halftime speech | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Babers Halftime speech

I'm so looking forward to watching the Babers' era. His brand of football will be fun. I would note that he challenged fans to fill the dome & make it rock.

"We will win"...

I can't believe people are upset over this. He came out and said we'll win which is what we all want. What's he supposed to do? A few cartwheels, fireworks and strippers? Fair weather fans of which there were many tonight don't care until the team puts up some wins. I thought he did just fine.

I think he winged it, not bad considering that, introduction was also strange, should have been montage at higher volume-AD intro-coach speaks. He needs to know or be told that winning over the basketball onlys is the whole enchilada.

I can't wait for the on-field performance to trump talk about how a halftime speech went.

It's been a lousy couple of years for football.

Agree. Unfortunately, it has also been a lousy two years for hoops too. :(

I don't care if Dino went out and cut the cheese into the mic, dropped it and walked out. Talk is cheap. He's exactly what Syracuse football needs to be successful. I can't wait for for football season again for the first time in forever.

The crowd at the game wasn't moved. Doesn't matter though. Play on the field is what will matter.
That's cause at halftime no one pays attention to what is going on on the court. Plus a majority of last nights crowd was probably basketball only folk who came out to see Carolina Blue versus the Orange crew

Edit. A halftime speech does not indicate future success. As long as he didn't Broyld the crowd I could care less how his speech came off. I care about wins in the fall, not halftime basketball speeches in January

The speech was fine. I think they're a stupid idea anyway, especially without the students here. He's here to draw fans with his offense not his ability to scream properly at 30,000, more than half of which are either at the bathroom, the concessions, or just want to talk about the first half.

Meryl Streep set some type of benchmark for these by throwing his jacket off and then spent the better part of 4 years resembling nothing close to that same person that gave the speech. But no one really cared (except Donnie Webb) as long as his seasons looked like 2012.

I always thought Dougs rolling up the sleeves was awkward and cheesy. Never understood all th excitement around the speech. That said wasn't expecting much from this one either.

I want wins on the field and he could have sang she bang for all I care. One speech in the Dome doesn't make a coach, good or bad, I want the results on the field...period.

I want wins on the field and he could have sang she bang for all I care. One speech in the Dome doesn't make a coach, good or bad, I want the results on the field...period.

Thanks

Win more recruiting battles (starting this month, then for the 2017 cycle), and the game results will follow. Have faith, Dino will do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom