Babers needs to be FORCED... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Babers needs to be FORCED...

We also don’t have Baseball, and B Volleyball am I correct? Others schools get those points that we can’t get. Idk if we have golf but those as well

I am curious as to what that is based on? I really don't have a feeling either way and people much more knowledgeable than I post similar things. I just don't understand what that is based on? Not trolling. Just curious as from my seat he looks like every other AD so

He hosted a BBQ at his home for former players soon after he was brought in as AD. No one had recognized the group before and here he was hosting. He came across as smart, genuine and almost everyone bought into what he was saying and asking. The BBQ brought optimism that was missing for years and I still believe he’ll do whatever it takes to put Dino in the best position to win that he can.

Strength and Conditioning Program for football is the absolute least of Syracuse Universiity's Football problems.
Like I said somewhere in a thread I think it’s dino’s Philosophy that’s wrong in S&C. They need to beef up the players not cut them down. The S&C coaches do what their boss says for them to do

Other than the worst offensive line I've ever seen, leadership. Eric was the heart of that team. No one has stepped up to replace him.

Why do you think that is ?

Our recruiting classes are some of the worst in the ACC. You can't S&C athletes that don't have the same upside as teams pulling in higher rated classes each year. The real question is, for teams that have highly rated classes, why aren't they realizing that talent. On our end, the answer is pretty obvious.

Our recruiting classes are some of the worst in the ACC. You can't S&C athletes that don't have the same upside as teams pulling in higher rated classes each year. The real question is, for teams that have highly rated classes, why aren't they realizing that talent. On our end, the answer is pretty obvious.

What U takin 'bout Willis? Those higher rated dudes we don't get vs. our typical 'diamonds in the ruff' type have already maxed out their physical prowess, etc. by the time they get to those schools. ;):rolleyes:

Dino won’t be FORCED to do anything. I’m sure there will be discussions and heart to heart talks. Maybe even some stern discussions. But I don’t expect Babers will hear an “or else”. If Dino is told you WILL fire A, B, and C or we will let you go. I’d expect Babers to go. That doesn’t mean there won’t be any changes, just that the dynamics won’t be one of FORCING him to make specific changes.

Do. Not. Underestimate.John Wildhack.

This guy dealt with more egos at ESPN than all of us combined.

loss for words...staff was incompetent today all the way around. "We went out and ran the same play about 30 times today."

shades of Walter Washington 2004

I'm not a Wildhack fan. I didn't think it prudent to hire a tv executive of retirement age. As a small business, I would absolutely never hire a person to a position that they've never done, the concept is patently ridiculous. It's like hiring an electrician to fix your plumbing.
Olympic sports in free fall, football spinning out of control, a shoe contract probably so embarrassing that no terms were announced. He needs to stepup in a big way and force change in the coaching staff.
USC is not riding in on a white horse and paying this buyout...

I am laughing at how wonderfully wrong I believe this take is.

What U takin 'bout Willis? Those higher rated dudes we don't get vs. our typical 'diamonds in the ruff' type have already maxed out their physical prowess, etc. by the time they get to those schools. ;):rolleyes:

The more this season "happens", the more the talk of our recruits sounds just like how much some people talked about Shafer's recruits.

I get the emotion in this, but its an absolutely terrible idea from a management standpoint.

Once the AD starts to manage through the coach taking away his decision making power, the results become his (the ADs) problem. And at a point in time, if things don't work, the coach says, "Hey, I didn't want to do that and you know I didn't and anything bad that happens is on you.

You can't make someone responsible for something and then "force him" to make certain kinds of decsions. It can't work.

do we play enough zone D though ?

mediocre talent and very poor coaching--babers is WAY to stubborn, and has misplaced loyalty.

Dino won’t be FORCED to do anything. I’m sure there will be discussions and heart to heart talks. Maybe even some stern discussions. But I don’t expect Babers will hear an “or else”. If Dino is told you WILL fire A, B, and C or we will let you go. I’d expect Babers to go. That doesn’t mean there won’t be any changes, just that the dynamics won’t be one of FORCING him to make specific changes.
dino needs to look at himself VERY closely. he is very STUBBORN TO A FAULT. he has misplaced loyalties. he needs to step back, and reassess his own performance.
the lack of performance this year will be devastating on recruiting. he needed to have 7- 8 win season to show that we were not a one hit wonder. instead this season is robinsonesque. i expected a decent season this year, not great. coaching has been bad, attitude of team bad, lack of leadership bad, his RIDGIDITY bad.

i remember all the talk about how great the "new fast" was going to be. and leave "meathead football " behind. many pointed to addazio as an example of it.
some of us were not buying into the "new fast " as the primary offensive scheme.
dino apparently at a loss when he does not have the "new fast" . he needs to broaden his horizon and get back to traditional football with a occasional "new fast" twist.
we need a dual threat qb , big ol and fast big dl. not even marrone was as stubborn as dino is. marrone and mac were were far better coaches. dino could take a lesson from that.

dino needs to look at himself VERY closely. he is very STUBBORN TO A FAULT. he has misplaced loyalties. he needs to step back, and reassess his own performance.
the lack of performance this year will be devastating on recruiting. he needed to have 7- 8 win season to show that we were not a one hit wonder. instead this season is robinsonesque. i expected a decent season this year, not great. coaching has been bad, attitude of team bad, lack of leadership bad, his RIDGIDITY bad.

When was it that Dino went from a genius after a 10-win season to someone who is so fatally flawed by his own "stubbornness" and "rigidity" that he is unable to keep from driving the bus off a cliff?

And how would you know he is this rigid an stubborn? From his statements at press conferences?

Babers is the master of the press conference from what I have seen in 3 1/2 years of watching him. His performances at these pressers was touted by some of our poster as the "role model" for the caustic, direct Boeheim.

Babers deflects, changes the subject and agrees without really agreeing all with a smile on his face. It's masterful.
If you think you are able to see into his mind based on press conferences, then you really have super-powers.

Last edited: