"Back from the dead on Easter Sunday" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"Back from the dead on Easter Sunday"

my facebook status after last night's win-

"and on the third day, they removed the stones from the tomb and Malachi Richardson rose...(etc)"

Don't care if anyone was "offended".

So, you really wouldn't care if that was offensive to a friend of yours? Just curious.

So, you really wouldn't care if that was offensive to a friend of yours? Just curious.

My friends aren't sensitive children. 100+ likes by the way. Close to a personal best.

My friends aren't sensitive children. 100+ likes by the way. Close to a personal best.

So anyone that might be offended is a sensitive child in your book? Not trying to pick a fight, just trying to follow your line of thinking. What types of things would you be offended by?

So anyone that might be offended is a sensitive child in your book? Not trying to pick a fight, just trying to follow your line of thinking. What types of things would you be offended by?

People who hate banana cream pie. That offends me. How can you hate banana cream pie?

People who hate banana cream pie. That offends me. How can you hate banana cream pie?

I was serious but if you choose not to continue, no problem. I do like banana cream pie, though.

I love every flavor of pie. I can't get enough.

I was serious but if you choose not to continue, no problem. I do like banana cream pie, though.

Sorry, you remind me of the nun from Sunday school. She was tough!

Is Touchdown Jesus offensive?

And what about all the things God supposedly created on the "8th day"?

In "hyper-sensitive" America of 2016 large portions of the public seem to be offended by just about anything. And, as they see it, they have a right to be shielded from anything --- no matter how trivial --- that offends them.

Having said that, I do think the comment was in bad taste. Is that the best analogy he could come up with?

But pushing the "OMG! I'm offended!" alarm button is, in my book, just as bad.

Toughen up.

I wasn't offended by it but I can understand why it might be a sensitive area for some. I try not to get offended too easily. I am a Christian and chalked it up as a good reminder that yesterday was Easter and the meaning of the day and why we celebrate it, albeit a reminder done in a rather unique way.

Really? Are we really going there? This country is going to s h i i t because of people who feel entitled to not have their feelings hurt.

I don't equate this with the students who cried foul about the "Trump 2016" chalking. I do agree that people get offended over the most ridiculous things nowadays. But religion is one of those things where people have a little more justification, IMO, because it is such a personal thing. I don't know, maybe on the level of saying things about your mother.

Really? Are we really going there? This country is going to s h i i t because of people who feel entitled to not have their feelings hurt.

Going where? Everybody gets offended by something. I'm not talking about hurt feelings.

As a devout Christian, I absolutely loved the call and thought it was a stroke of genius. I don't know if it's Christians who have a problem with the call, but if it is, I bet they all live in Virginia. To me it's also pretty inocuous. I mean, would anyone have a problem with "Malachi Richardson is giving his team a gift on Christmas!"?

I see it this way. God gave us all a brain, and he expects us to use it. A sense of humor is just part of the package.

I WAS OFFENDED BY IT.

tumblr_msv9luxwo31sgv94lo1_500.gif

:D

Yes, it probably was. It was true, it was relevant, it was creative. I loved it.

Well, you and I feel differently. But, it's not that big a deal, except to those who want to make it a big deal.

Wanna start a fight --- or at a minimum create a lot of hard feelings -- at your next family gathering? Start with Religion and move to politics.

I'm about the least religious person there is and it didn't offend me at all. I thought it was quite clever.

I think you are right on all three counts.

It was also timely. Not like you can use that line on any other day of the year, regardless of the scale of the comeback.

As a recovering Catholic (I gave it up for Lent years ago :D ) - I'm not sure how that could be offensive to anyone, period?

Too soon? :p