Baddest Alpha | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Baddest Alpha

Maybe not the premier Alpha, but I always loved “The Hawk” Andre Hawkins. He gave up 5 inches to Ewing but always hustled against that GTown front line, and didn’t back down once.

Last edited:
In terms of total package of swag + leadership it's Flynn

Alpha is such a stupid piece of terminology when it comes to basketball players. I hate it. It has zero to do with actual skill and ability.
To me... Alpha in hoops is just whom the guys are willing to follow.. Strong leadership and judgement not just hoop skill. I think we've had great alpha's that weren't the best player on the team, but the other guys followed their lead. Couple that come to mind: Kueth Duany, Z Sims, AO and Scoop. I'm not a big fan of the beat your chest "alpha" guy or reference.

DC and John Wallace.
Then Carmelo and Dion.
Then Devo and Scoop and Pearl and Flynn.

Here is what I have heard, from multiple people who would have been in a position to know: The SU FB team was afraid of Derrick Coleman.
The Marshall St knock out fight was reason enough for the football team to stay away. Another shining moment was threatening to kill Owens if he did not sign with the Cuse. As Owens tells it, when DC threatens to kill you, you pay attention.

Why are we having this discussion? There is a reason why he broke the NCAA rebounding record.

Last edited:
It's easily Coleman. This isn't what made him an alpha, but google video of the 1986 brawl with Cornell. DC off the bench throwing HAYMAKERS.

What does baddest mean? Is it talk trash to the opposing team? Or actually playing hard on both sides of the ball?
Option b. Both sides of the balll

It's easily Coleman. This isn't what made him an alpha, but google video of the 1986 brawl with Cornell. DC off the bench throwing HAYMAKERS.

Old time basketball...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom