Bama / UGA Title Game Thread (this cool mods?) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Bama / UGA Title Game Thread (this cool mods?)

Injuries certainly huge for them. Those wideouts could score literally any moment

The game came down to some big Bama drops from their young backups and their inexperienced backup corners getting beat late.

Was obvious from first half of SECCG that UGA couldn’t do a thing with the Young/Williams/Metchie combo and probably would’ve went similar in the rematch if they stayed healthy.

Just doing good boy things.
FIyZtQoX0AU5f4u

He is a good boy. Anyone know if pink eye is a thing for Bulldogs?

The game came down to some big Bama drops from their young backups and their inexperienced backup corners getting beat late.

Was obvious from first half of SECCG that UGA couldn’t do a thing with the Young/Williams/Metchie combo and probably would’ve went similar in the rematch if they stayed healthy.
Where do you live? Tuscaloosa. Bama got it cramed down their throat to go down 8. Yup big boyed. Injuries are part of the game. Bama should have lost to both LSU and Auburn. Both games they were dead in the water. So no sobbing

Was rooting for Bama. Fine with Georgia winning. Biggest thing for me is that we aren’t close to playing the same sport as these teams. Those players are monsters.
I will say that No. 99 (?) next to Kirby Smart as he was being interviewed is one of the largest humans I’ve ever seen. Like Shaquille in pads.

I will say that No. 99 (?) next to Kirby Smart as he was being interviewed is one of the largest humans I’ve ever seen. Like Shaquille in pads.
Jordan Davis is 6’7” 340 give or take some I.e. a very large human

The game turned when Georgia started passing on first down, when Alabama was expecting the run. Bennett suddenly had time to throw and he and he came up with the big play. And Georgia didn't fade as the game when on. their pressure on Young got greater and greater. The loss of Young's two top targets, Metchie and Williams, hurt him badly but so did Georgia's constant pressure.

The game reminded me of a couple of things. One was the 1995 orange Bowl where Nebraska, having lost six times to the Florida powers, (3 each to Miami and Florida State) in bowls games over the previous decade, including three previous times with the national championship on the line, took over with their mighty offensive line and running game in the fourth quarter and smashed their way to victory. I also remember watching Texas players and fans after the 2006 Rose Bowl, in which they won their first national championship in 36 years singing "The Eyes of Texas" and tearing up as if I'd been a Texas fan all that time, empathizing with their feelings.

I also remember when the Red Sox came back form that 3-0 deficit to beat the Yankees in 2004 and then swept the Cardinals, who had twice won famous seven game world series over them to exorcise all of their demons.

Now Georgia has finally beaten Alabama, taking command of the game in the fourth quarter and won their first national championship in 41 years.

The thing about those other occasions was that it was a battle of overdogs, teams with financial and other advantages over most of their opposition. It was just that one overdog hadn't beaten the other when it counted in a very long time.

But it was still fun.

The game turned when Georgia started passing on first down, when Alabama was expecting the run. Bennett suddenly had time to throw and he and he came up with the big play. And Georgia didn't fade as the game when on. their pressure on Young got greater and greater. The loss of Young's two top targets, Metchie and Williams, hurt him badly but so did Georgia's constant pressure.

The game reminded me of a couple of things. One was the 1995 orange Bowl where Nebraska, having lost six times to the Florida powers, (3 each to Miami and Florida State) in bowls games over the previous decade, including three previous times with the national championship on the line, took over with their mighty offensive line and running game in the fourth quarter and smashed their way to victory. I also remember watching Texas players and fans after the 2006 Rose Bowl, in which they won their first national championship in 36 years singing "The Eyes of Texas" and tearing up as if I'd been a Texas fan all that time, empathizing with their feelings.

I also remember when the Red Sox came back form that 3-0 deficit to beat the Yankees in 2004 and then swept the Cardinals, who had twice won famous seven game world series over them to exorcise all of their demons.

Now Georgia has finally beaten Alabama, taking command of the game in the fourth quarter and won their first national championship in 41 years.

The thing about those other occasions was that it was a battle of overdogs, teams with financial and other advantages over most of their opposition. It was just that one overdog hadn't beaten the other when it counted in a very long time.

But it was still fun.
For me the game turned when the Bama WR dropped the pass at the 3 or 4. Forced the FG that was blocked.

that was a great football game. i watched every minute of it. hoping our OC puts some of those play designs into our playbook.

Was rooting for Bama. Fine with Georgia winning. Biggest thing for me is that we aren’t close to playing the same sport as these teams. Those players are monsters.
No ones close to these teams. The semi's were an absolute joke. Michigan and Cincinnati were destroyed. It's okay to root for Syracuse to be an occasional big time bowl team, and be content with that ceiling. I'd be ecstatic with an Orange Bowl win, or even somehow an appearance in the playoff when it expands. That'd be a season I'd remember forever.

No ones close to these teams. The semi's were an absolute joke. Michigan and Cincinnati were destroyed. It's okay to root for Syracuse to be an occasional big time bowl team, and be content with that ceiling. I'd be ecstatic with an Orange Bowl win, or even somehow an appearance in the playoff when it expands. That'd be a season I'd remember forever.

Oh, I'll be happy if we go to any bowl. I'm fine not being Bama or UGA. But they are just in a different stratosphere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom