Barkley ... | Syracusefan.com

Barkley ...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
Syracuse doesn't belong in because they lost five of their last 6.

Well we lost to Pitt, Pitt last second shot, UNC on senior day last second shot on the road and Florida State on Senior day last second shot on the road, and Louisville on the road who would have been a 3 seed.
All tournament teams.
We just dismantled Dayton by 20.

what a jerk, go root for Arizona, or the rest of the 0-5 pac 12 for that matter

Last edited:
You guys are a bit too light skinned and too complain-y. We just won our first round game and you want to complain about something an analyst said?

How about we savor the moment and enjoy the victory and the next 48 hours of basketball instead of finding things to complain about immediately following a NCAAT victory?

You guys are a bit too light skinned and too complain-y. We just won our first round game and you want to complain about something an analyst said?

How about we savor the moment and enjoy the victory and the next 48 hours of basketball instead of finding things to complain about immediately following a NCAAT victory?

:eat popcorn:

original op not meaning to be light skinned, just calling him out on stupidity.

Barkley didnt say anything a fairly decent number of people on this very website said.

Someone please comment.

Good post and a good sentiment.

But the chronic complainers on here aren't all that interested in basketball. This is more about attracting attention to themselves and coming off as "experts" than anything else.

And, I think you'll find the term is "thin-skinned", not "light-skinned".

Good post and a good sentiment.

But the chronic complainers on here aren't all that interested in basketball. This is more about attracting attention to themselves and coming off as "experts" than anything else.

And, I think you'll find the term is "thin-skinned", not "light-skinned".

Finally. I was hoping for something funnier though. :oops:

The funniest comment on here is that Barkley doesn't say anything our "fans" don't say on here.

First of all, Barkley isn't on there for actual insights. He's on there for comic relief. It's the same reason he's in those Capitol One Cards ads. He's a buffoon.

You want insights? Listen to Seth Greenberg. You want nonsense? Listen to Charles. Half the time I get the sense that he's forced to say something --- to keep getting the checks --- so he just opens his mouth and starts talking.

Now the similarity between what this clown says and "what we read from our posters on here" is the real punch line of this joke.

When SU wins the next game then I'll be a bit more boastful with the "we belong" stuff. It was a good win, but frankly I expected it.

Another reason these NBA guys don't need to be doing commentary for NCAA tourney.
So lets ask them, can an NBA team still make the playoffs if they lose 5 of their last 6?
The only baring it has is how they ended up compared to the rest of the field.

It's fun though!

When SU wins the next game then I'll be a bit more boastful with the "we belong" stuff. It was a good win, but frankly I expected it.
The rest of the uninformed national fan base didn't.

I would agree except Barkley is an unmitigated loud mouthed know nothing when it comes to college basketball. EVERY SINGLE YEAR he makes stupid statements and not just about the Orange. If you're going to be a commentator about a sport you are not familiar with - college basketball, as distinguished from pro basketball = then do your freaking homework before you sit in the analyst's seat. I'm sure one reason CBS keeps hiring him is BECAUSE he pisses the knowledgeable fan off.

I did enjoy him looking stupider than usual when he couldn't figure the board out on Selection Sunday.

The funniest comment on here is that Barkley doesn't say anything our "fans" don't say on here.

First of all, Barkley isn't on there for actual insights. He's on there for comic relief. It's the same reason he's in those Capitol One Cards ads. He's a buffoon.

You want insights? Listen to Seth Greenberg. You want nonsense? Listen to Charles. Half the time I get the sense that he's forced to say something --- to keep getting the checks --- so he just opens his mouth and starts talking.

Now the similarity between what this clown says and "what we read from our posters on here" is the real punch line of this joke.
The difference is we posters are not professional commentators getting paid tens of thousands to be a "buffoon". Which he certainly is, in almost every aspect of life too.

He should just be wearing a red nose and rainbow wig to confirm it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom