Baseball all star game voting - Royals fans | Syracusefan.com

Baseball all star game voting - Royals fans

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
I live in Kansas City. I'm not a huge Royals fan. I wasn't born here but I cheer for the Royals as one of my secondary teams because they are the local team. That being said what do you all think about what the Royals fans are doing to the all star game voting?

1. Think it's really cool to support your players like that
2. Think it's a mockery to have freaking Omar Infante starting at second base.
3. Don't really care

Personally I've always really enjoyed the baseball all star game the most of the all star games. I enjoy seeing the best of the best so I'd prefer to see that and that's how I've always voted regardless of my favorite team's players. But I guess this is what happens when you let the fans vote.

world-burn1-e1343094739540.png

At least Mike Trout would get in as it stands. I miss popping out the chads at the ballpark.

It's the first time anything like this has happened, so I'm not too worried. Besides, KC fans have had a lot of lean years since the George Brett era. Agree with Trueblue about Donaldson.

8 from 1 team is a joke. I wouldn't have a problem with 2 or 3 from KC as fans should have some say, but Infante is crazy. The All-Star game actually effects HFA so I hope MLB Commish fixes this.
I just voted
C-Vogt
1b-Cabrera
2b-Altuve
3b-Donaldson
SS- Bogaerts? AL SS is really weak thank goodness I sniped Correa in my dynasty league.
OF-Trout
OF-Adam Jones
OF-Bautista
DH-Cruz

Agreed. It's an all-star game. Fun for the fans. Not something to determine home field advantage in the WS based on 1 game.

All the other sports use best record to determine who gets home field advantage, yet Bud Selig found the need to use an exhibition game to determine it.

All the other sports use best record to determine who gets home field advantage, yet Bud Selig found the need to use an exhibition game to determine it.
I know he was trying to make the game more relevant and meaningful, but I don't think HFA in the WS should have been the prize. Baseball enthusiasts will watch the all star game, no matter if there is a pot at the end of the rainbow, which there shouldn't be.

Can you imagine HFA being determined in the GSW-Cleveland NBA finals based on its all star game? That would be laughable. It's an exhibition for media and fans.

Can you imagine HFA being determined in the GSW-Cleveland NBA finals based on its all star game? That would be laughable. It's an exhibition for media and fans.

I've never minded the HFA stipulation added to the ASG, and I don't really understand the uproar over it. Is it any worse than when it alternated leagues year to year? Is there anything that says you shouldn't try to win an exhibition? Given the disparate schedules between leagues, overall record isn't always a fair gauge either. Plus, how many times has the WS gone to game 7 since it's been added to the ASG? It's just not worth getting worked up over.

It makes the game meaningful.

How can a game be meaningful when almost all the best players in the game are removed for no reason before the 6th inning and the "worst" all stars are on the field during the crucial moments at the end of the game.

A game which sees top pitchers not have to play. Roster sizes that are about 50% larger than normal.

I'm a Royals fan living in KC and think I can bring some perspective:

1. Yes, we're exploiting the hilarity of fan voting, especially a system where:
a) You can 35 times per day, per email address
b) There isn't a two-step authentication system to prove that you're using a real email address.
2. No, we don't think Omar Infante is good. God no. The Royals have a first-round pick who's at least adequate as a 2B, but he does nothing but sit on the bench simply because Infante has a terrible contract. If it were up to us, Omar would be DFA'd, but again, we're trolling MLB here.

3. The ASG voting is an extension of the release of all the pent-up frustration that came with last year's playoff run on the heels of 29 years of losing. People are wearing gear all over town in ways they haven't since I was a baby. Local TV ratings are higher than almost every other MLB market. Just completely through the roof. Last night, the team reached the 1 million mark in attendance faster than it ever has.

Will Royals fans get upset if the final results are "scrubbed" and only 2 or 3 position players are named as starters in favor of clearly more deserving players? I suppose, but again, this has morphed into a grassroots de-pantsing of MLB's dumb system more than anything else. If MLB comes up with a "Royal Rule" that makes the whole thing a little more sane, I'll be happy to live with that legacy and I think most other Royals fans will be, too.

You can attach HFA to the ASG or you can have fan voting. You can't have both, and that's the whole point.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom