Basketball ticket sales are brisk... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Basketball ticket sales are brisk...

how high do the letters go in the 300s? The Binghamton tix they want to give me are row U . What?
there wont be 20000 at that game.
29 rows of the court I think

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

how high do the letters go in the 300s? The Binghamton tix they want to give me are row U . What?

Side court sections go up to T.
Corner sections go up to V.
Behind the basket sections extend up to W-WW-X-XX-Y-YY-Z-ZZ

It's probably the single greatest home schedule in the history of SU basketball. No surprise that demand is way up. The atmosphere in the Dome should return to the frenzy in the late 80's when the Big East was at its peak.

We'll see. Thing is the Providence's and Seton Hall's would draw 30,000 back then too. The Virginia's and Clemson's of now will not do the same. It's a different era. The frenzy is all about two games. I don't think attendance will change much from how it's been recently.

We'll see. Thing is the Providence's and Seton Hall's would draw 30,000 back then too. The Virginia's and Clemson's of now will not do the same. It's a different era. The frenzy is all about two games. I don't think attendance will change much from how it's been recently.
Nah, the newness of the ACC will draw in plenty of fans. Showing up in big numbers to see Seton Hall and Providence for 30 years wasn't in the cards anymore. I'd be willing to bet that UVa and Clemson games draw more fans than their counterpart Providence and SHU games the last couple of years. Throw in Indiana and 'Nova and you've got a great home schedule.

Nah, the newness of the ACC will draw in plenty of fans. Showing up in big numbers to see Seton Hall and Providence for 30 years wasn't in the cards anymore. I'd be willing to bet that UVa and Clemson games draw more fans than their counterpart Providence and SHU games the last couple of years. Throw in Indiana and 'Nova and you've got a great home schedule.

Having two big OOC home games is definitely a nice change. I agree. We haven't had that in a decade or so, it seems.

And it definitely broke our way with getting both UNC and Duke at home this year. UNC, Duke, and Indiana all coming to the Dome is definitely different and awesome.

I'm really not convinced the other ACC teams are draws though. We've played NC State, Georgia Tech, and Virginia over the last decade or so and none drew any better than the low level Big East games...18-22K or so. Same thing when Miami and VT were in the Big East. I wouldn't expect anything outside of that range now for teams like that, just because they are league games...unless we happen to play them on a late season weekend or something. On the plus side Pitt, Louisville, and ND draw well at the Dome and we've developed pretty good rivalries with them so there's at least 5 opponents in the league that will get big crowds at the Dome.

You could probably move down. I used to do that.

Agreed.

Two novel opponents, that's it. Doubt the total numbers will be much better than 2012 after last year's dip.

too lazy to look this up but in the peak Big East years the Providence/Hall type games were more in the 27-28K range. Those mid-week Big East games weren't on TV back then, big difference.

What's the over/under on number of Duke tickets on Stubhub after season ticket holders buy up to 8 each tomorrow - gotta be 2500+ most likely. I'd be OK with SU selling them 2-4 apiece but let's face it - 8 is all about legal scalping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom