Battle hit the shot but... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Battle hit the shot but...

I doubt JB would have diagrammed a play for a guy who was 1 for 6 and had scored 3 points in 39+ minutes.

He was open and Lydon spotted him. Simple as that.

I agree, except JB said it was a play for Tyus.

The way I see it is he definitely diagrammed it for Tyus to be an option and to be where he was. The play was a handoff from Gillon to option number one, Lydon. If/ when Lydon didn't have a driving alley or shot, he was to look for the open man, i.e.: Tyus.

it was close - probably gets called pretty much anywhere else in the game

It was called on him earlier but this wasn't quite as bad... i agree the end of game scenario helped us.

I think when the guy has clearly gotten rid of the ball and is trying to stop just to have a guy jump in front of him and overreact (contact or not) is kind of a BS call anyways. He wasn't bulldozed over and chose to fall down when the ball was gone to try and draw a charge.

Last edited:
How is there fighting after such a sick, important win?

You are new here. There's a few on here who don't like Boeheim as a coach or as a person. They don't like our style of play on defense or offense. They constantly criticize the recruiting efforts and results as not being adequate.

Having them on here celebrating seems hypocritical to me and others. If they hadn't said this stuff there wouldn't be anything to throw back in their faces

I doubt JB would have diagrammed a play for a guy who was 1 for 6 and had scored 3 points in 39+ minutes.

Both white and battle were in the same spots on opposite sides. Everyone and their mother knew they'd face guard white leaving the other guy open. Battle was also on the right side. Which way is lydon going to dribble if he doesn't have a shot? He's going to dribble right.

Lydon was supposed to shoot it, Battle was most definitely option 2a.

He said in the presser Lydon was supposed to take the shot. And then when he was covered improvised by driving down the lane. He then dished to Battle on his own initiative. I think the play JB drew up ended when Lydon did not take his shot. It was still a great play. Lydon could have been open on that sequence. Lydon just made a terrific dish and Battle made a spectacular shot.

Last edited:
You could tell right when it happened that the play was designed for Lydon to shoot it; we try to get him that same look all the time in transition. I imagine Lydon thought he was a bit too deep to pull the trigger and the way Blossomgame (I think it was him) closed out allowed Lydon to slip by. Great play by Lydon to get an open look for Battle there.

I definitely had my doubts about JB and definitely about Hopkins going forward. We lost by 30 + to St Johns, lost to sub-.500 UConn, and Boston College. I am happy to have been proven wrong.

Guess I'm just #notagoodfan

With 7 seconds one does wonder why a three pointer for Lydon would have been option A. That is plenty of time to get to the basket and drop a dime off. But I am crazy happy for Battle...onions I say!

Watch the play at full speed - most definitely not a charge. That guy flopped and they didn't buy it because he's a big man and lydon barely touched him

Oh absolutely not. But let's not forget some of the calls over the years on charges.

Oh absolutely not. But let's not forget some of the calls over the years on charges.

I cannot stand the block/charge nonsense lol. It's a complete guessing game and it awards the defender for not doing his job. I understand when you push off - that's an offensive foul, sure. However, when it's simply a defender sliding over, standing still, and getting bumped, I hate it.

I cannot stand the block/charge nonsense lol. It's a complete guessing game and it awards the defender for not doing his job. I understand when you push off - that's an offensive foul, sure. However, when it's simply a defender sliding over, standing still, and getting bumped, I hate it.

TBH I'd rather they call charges than overcorrect the other way and have guards do their best Adrian Peterson pression.

TBH I'd rather they call charges than overcorrect the other way and have guards do their best Adrian Peterson pression.

I'm not against charges - I am against a guy standing there and letting someone run him over.

If in football a safety came over the top and the WR ran him right over - that's DPI. The defender stopped defending.

In basketball if you stand still and someone hits you its a charge (or a block because who the hell knows half the time)

I just want to eliminate standing still haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom