Baye's post on Facebook... | Syracusefan.com

Baye's post on Facebook...

cto

Administrator
Since most of you are not friends with Baye on Facebook, I thought I would share a post he made there tonight. It sounds just like him. Keep in mind, English is his fourth language, and he never spoke it before coming to the US five years ago:

Baye Moussa Keita
I am still a little disappointed from Tuesday but still really happy, satisfied and never regret my choice of coming to Syracuse. I never doubted coming here and enjoyed the four years and cherish every single moment that I have been a part of. Senior Night was a great moment for me. I am taking this moment to Thank all the Syracuse fans for being the greatest fan base in the world. I wanted to Thank my host family, I don't know if I should just say FAMILY for being there since day one and encouraging and pushing me to work hard. My host mother Amy Owens Hallagan and John Hallagan are probably the most strong minded people I know and they definitely let me borrow those qualities. My four years went by fast because of the friends and family that I have made in Syracuse but also the family that I have made here too. Alma Puškar thanks darling for being there when I am down and don't want to talk to anyone and knowing who I am inside and out. Rezija Mirsad PuskarFrank Gianforti and the little you guy Adi are the best supporters around when I am in need. A special Thanks to the Youle family Jeffrey Youle, Kate Taylor Youle, Ellie Youleand Kara Youle you guys are also the one family that I made in Syracuse and cherish so much. All these people have impacted my four years in Syracuse and can't wait to see what the real life has in reserve for me. To my little brotherBounama Keita you are the best.

THANK YOU EVERYONE. Appreciate Everything.

Last edited:
upload_2014-3-7_1-1-9.png
Daughter met him in Montreal. Nicest player/PERSON. He'll do well in life. It wqas an honor for Syracuse to get such a great person.

Since most of you are not friends with Baye on Facebook, I thought I would share a post he just made there tonight. It sounds just like him. Keep in mind, English is his fourth language, and he never spoke it before coming to the US five years ago:

Baye Moussa Keita
I am still a little disappointed from Tuesday but still really happy, satisfied and never regret my choice of coming to Syracuse. I never doubted coming here and enjoyed the four years and cherish every single moment that I have been a part of. Senior Night was a great moment for me. I am taking this moment to Thank all the Syracuse fans for being the greatest fan base in the world. I wanted to Thank my host family, I don't know if I should just say FAMILY for being there since day one and encouraging and pushing me to work hard. My host mother Amy Owens Hallagan and John Hallagan are probably the most strong minded people I know and they definitely let me borrow those qualities. My four years went by fast because of the friends and family that I have made in Syracuse but also the family that I have made here too. Alma Puškar thanks darling for being there when I am down and don't want to talk to anyone and knowing who I am inside and out. Rezija Mirsad PuskarFrank Gianforti and the little you guy Adi are the best supporters around when I am in need. A special Thanks to the Youle family Jeffrey Youle, Kate Taylor Youle, Ellie Youleand Kara Youle you guys are also the one family that I made in Syracuse and cherish so much. All these people have impacted my four years in Syracuse and can't wait to see what the real life has in reserve for me. To my little brotherBounama Keita you are the best.

Man, I really love that guy. I remember using the same term "real life", when someone asked me if I was excited about graduating and told them no! Really going to miss his spirit, despite his limitations on the court. This is a reminder that some student athletes go to college for something other than just sports. I'm not going to make any comparisons and bring down the positivity of this post :)

View attachment 8766
Daughter met him in Montreal. Nicest player/PERSON. He'll do well in life. It wqas an honor for Syracuse to get such a great person.
Great picture. Baye is a very special person. And he's so happy to accomodate fans with pictures or autographs. He acts like THEY are doing HIM a favor. If I were not such a techie klutz, I would post a funny pic with him in Maui. (Let's just say that I had a broken nose and two black eyes... and he was wearing a bathing suit).

Last edited:
In an era of player entitlement reaching ridiculous levels, Baye is a great exception. He understands playing at SU is a privilege and not an ordained birthright.

Does anyone know what Baye's major is? Wouldn't surprise me if he took a double major. Just interested.

One of the best ambassadors for Syracuse ever. He will always be one of my favorite players. A true gentleman.

Echo all this. Baye will be missed on and off the court. I don't think I have ever met a more positive person than him in my life.

Let's hope the remarkable record he and CJ have help craft during their time on the hill gets a little bit shinier over the last month or so.

Senegal represent!

images

Great post. I'll miss Baye. Listen, if you aren't the most talented guy on the court...all I ask is that you give 100% effort. And Baye has done that every night for his 4 year career. Wish nothing but the best for him in life.

That is cool. If you could kindly ask him to make a layup and not drop every ball thrown in his direction, that would great. Thanks. Just kidding Keita, we love ya.
What an uncalled for post in an otherwise great thread.

No special treatment necessary for the way he wrote that post. He writes in his fourth language better than most Americans write in their first language.

Baye has been a hard worker and a great glue guy. He'll be missed next year.

I feel about Baye the way I feel about Craig Forth. Obviously, no one is going to confuse either of these two with Hakeem Olajuwon, but at the end of the day, they're extremely high-character human beings and were critical components of some of the greatest SU teams in history.

Since most of you are not friends with Baye on Facebook, I thought I would share a post he made there tonight. It sounds just like him. Keep in mind, English is his fourth language, and he never spoke it before coming to the US five years ago:

Baye Moussa Keita

English as a fourth language (EFL?)?

Baye is better with the written word than every American-born SU basketball or football player whose words have ever been quoted on this board (including a couple from yesterday's six-overtime DO piece who had the benefit of an editor).

Baye is excellent at what matters. I wish we could have one or two of him on every team.

Last edited:
CTO-
All I have to say about that post is:
It's just great. One of my favorites ever. Really.

Baye hasn't ever been the most talented player on the court in his tenure at SU, but he wasn't brought in for that. JB mentioned on his radio show yesterday that you need veteran players. Program type guys. Keita's attitude, hard work, hustle, and demeanor mean so much. I have to think that when other players see him going above and beyond off the court (going to SU hockey games, going out of his way to take pictures, interacting with fans, visiting students camped outside the Dome, etc) that it is INFECTIOUS.

How great of a role model is he for other players? Works his butt off since day one and four years later he's sitting next to the pre-season ACC PoY representing SU on ACC media day.

Guys like Keita make Syracuse basketball a better PROGRAM and I'll really miss him.

That is cool. If you could kindly ask him to make a layup and not drop every ball thrown in his direction, that would great. Thanks. Just kidding Keita, we love ya.
this is a perfect example of why we need to leave the sarcastic attempts at humor to the professionals.

While we're on the topic of Facebook, here's a great one from our man Mookie Jones...

Theodore Todd Jones
February 28
Who am I. What is mookie lol... I'll answer special, gifted, loved, strong. And unforgettable... If The Lord came to take me off this earth today I'll be happy and I'm pretty sure my love ones would be satisfied with what I accomplished do far in my life journey.

Not only Baye but the entire team seems to be the best group of kids we've ever had - never have to worry about who is gonna fail out, get suspended or act like a thug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom