Baye's post on Facebook... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Baye's post on Facebook...

sandman525 said:
No doubt. One of my favorite memories of Baye will be how he intimidated Cody Zeller in the Sweet 16 last year. A top 5 pick repeatedly getting his shot rejected by a guy who just wanted it more than him.

BMK had two blocks that game in 31 minutes. As a team we had ten so I'm assuming that other guys repeatedly stuffed Zeller as well.

I think Obokoh will have the same kind of personality and work ethic. However, Chino appears to have somewhat better offensive skills, better hands, and is a better rebounder. Not quite as long but broader shoulders and potential to be a more physical player. Just my opinion on the comparison. No assessments from practices and observations this year but am generalizing from what I saw in high school.

I think Obokoh will have the same kind of personality and work ethic. However, Chino appears to have somewhat better offensive skills, better hands, and is a better rebounder. Not quite as long but broader shoulders and potential to be a more physical player. Just my opinion on the comparison. No assessments from practices and observations this year but am generalizing from what I saw in high school.
What does this post have to do with the Baye topic?

Baye- Appreciate hard work, and oustanding attitude throughout four years. Has won 117 games as a player at syracuse. Doesn't happen on accident ladies and gentlemen.. Will drive me nuts offensively sometimes and on the glass, but good grief, who doesnt on this years team? Keita is an absolute class act and every program NEEDS that to be successful. NOW GO OUT ON A GOOD NOTE KEITA! You absolutely deserve to! GO CUSE

We Are Syracuse said:
Baye- Appreciate hard work, and oustanding attitude throughout four years. Has won 117 games as a player at syracuse. Doesn't happen on accident ladies and gentlemen.. Will drive me nuts offensively sometimes and on the glass, but good grief, who doesnt on this years team? Keita is an absolute class act and every program NEEDS that to be successful. NOW GO OUT ON A GOOD NOTE KEITA! You absolutely deserve to! GO CUSE

Wins as a team is a horrible way to judge a players contribution. I'm not crapping on Baye but come on, if he was on Providence he doesn't win 117 games, and that wouldn't be on accident either.

What stands out about BMK for me is that he is the perfect example of the type of individual that our coaches strive to recruit apart from any athletic talent. He is simply a fine young man under anyone's definition and we'll miss him.

One of my favorite defensive players in Cuse history. And a great person and teammate. All good things.

Syracuse has done well with two recent hard-working "foreign dudes" in Kristof and Baye. Some of their more talented teammates could learn something from their effort and attitude.

Baye is a great guy. I enjoyed meeting him at last year's Final Four.

Wins as a team is a horrible way to judge a players contribution. I'm not crapping on Baye but come on, if he was on Providence he doesn't win 117 games, and that wouldn't be on accident either.
Wins is a horrible way to judge a players contributions?? Lol what? First time I've heard that

We Are Syracuse said:
Wins is a horrible way to judge a players contributions?? Lol what? First time I've heard that

What are Melos contributions towards the Knicks? Must be piss poor.

What are Melos contributions towards the Knicks? Must be piss poor.
Obviously not the lone thing you count in for contributions, but obviously you count it... He's been a solid part of many of those wins

We Are Syracuse said:
Obviously not the lone thing you count in for contributions, but obviously you count it... He's been a solid part of many of those wins

Averaged about 15 minutes a game over the course of his career, not enough for me to say he contributed a ton. If he played for providence I don't think they have too many more victories likewise if we had a different center with his minutes.

There are things that can be measured and things that can't. I'll bet that BMK contributes in more ways than show up on a stat sheet. IMHO, this thread is about celebrating a good guy who "gets it" in the big picture sense.

Without Baye we would have lost to Georgetown in the BET last year... 13 points, 8 rebounds and 7-7 from the line. Love the guy and will miss him as will SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom