Baylor’s moves forward with new basketball arena | Syracusefan.com

Baylor’s moves forward with new basketball arena

Is that really only 7,000? It doesn't look big but looks like more than 7,000 to me and that would be less than their current stadium. Seems like they're pretty smart. They know they're in football country and in this era making things look good is more important than capacity. There are a lot of basketball arenas seating right around 10,000. Given what indoor football practice facilities cost, $100 million seems about right.

$100 million was a gift.. i dont think all of it went to this project , they still need to fund raise more

Right. The basketball stadium is $105 million. I just mixed up the numbers.

There is no reason to build a huge stadium in Waco, just big enough for their fans to get the experience. They are not going to be able to pull any major NCAA events there with the AT&T stadium(Arlington) and UT's new $340 million stadium built by 2021 just 100 miles away to the North and South on I35. On top of that the AT&T Center(San Antonio), Alamo Dome(San Antonio) and the Toyota Center (Houston) is 200 miles away. There is no competition against those venues. Smart to keep it realistic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom