Baylor bowl game... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Baylor bowl game...

Congrats to offensive coach Kendall Briles for changing Baylor's offense the last two games of the season. What he's done without a bona fide QB is nothing short of miraculous.

UNC didn't know what hit them. And it kept coming and coming.

Can we come up with a new name for the bubble screen? I'm scarred for life when i hear that play mentionedl

image.jpeg

Congrats to offensive coach Kendall Briles for changing Baylor's offense the last two games of the season. What he's done without a bona fide QB is nothing short of miraculous.

I don't know if it's just the simplicity of the offense or if Briles is a great teacher (or both) but it sure seems like his assistants learn a lot from him. I compare him to urban meyer - not that meyer doesn't teach or doesn't have guys that become excellent head coaches (herman) but there are a few of his assistants that haven't.

this bodes well for us with babers and whoever follows babers hopefully 10 years from now

Just saw a tweet that Baylor threw for 600 yards in their bowl game last year.

Back to back years putting up 600 yards passing, then running in a bowl game.

Lol.

Sick.
If we can start to get some recruits to play at Baylor's level Cuse can get real good in the ACC real fast.

I like the fact it is a closed community that does the Baylor system...good that Cuse is in at the early adopter stage.

That's why Babers told Hicks to step off
I've met Hicks...he is a good guy but we do need a new mentality. I hope Coach Hicks finds a spot on campus to finish out his career and gets vested.

I'm pretty sure they did not "change" the offense in the way you might be thinking of change. They still ran the Baylor/Briles offense, but they intentionally focused on the rushing part of the offense b/c of the QB situation. The great thing about the "Baylor" offense is how productivity they always get out of the rushing game. The passing yardage gets the headlines (rightly so), but it is the effectiveness of the rushing game that makes Baylor/Briles so special. UNC knew this was coming, and still couldn't find a way to even slow them down a little.

UNC was the 118th team out of 128 against the run in all of college football, by far the worst P5 team.

Yes, in 2014 Baylor had a much better team (11-1) but lost to Michigan State in the Cotton Bowl - Pat Narduzzi was the DC for MSU - and two years ago another 11-1 Baylor team lost the Fiesta bowl to - my goodness! - UCF.

Millhouse said:
I don't know if it's just the simplicity of the offense or if Briles is a great teacher (or both) but it sure seems like his assistants learn a lot from him. I compare him to urban meyer - not that meyer doesn't teach or doesn't have guys that become excellent head coaches (herman) but there are a few of his assistants that haven't. this bodes well for us with babers and whoever follows babers hopefully 10 years from now
I completely agree!

007 said:
I'm pretty sure they did not "change" the offense in the way you might be thinking of change. They still ran the Baylor/Briles offense, but they intentionally focused on the rushing part of the offense b/c of the QB situation. The great thing about the "Baylor" offense is how productivity they always get out of the rushing game. The passing yardage gets the headlines (rightly so), but it is the effectiveness of the rushing game that makes Baylor/Briles so special. UNC knew this was coming, and still couldn't find a way to even slow them down a little.
What Baylor changed was that they basically went wildcat the past two games because of a lack of a viable alternative at QB. I guess they played wildcat maybe 70 percent of the snaps.

TexanMark said:
I've met Hicks...he is a good guy but we do need a new mentality. I hope Coach Hicks finds a spot on campus to finish out his career and gets vested.

He's been offered to stay on working with Olympic sports. Up to him whether he stays or not.

He's been offered to stay on working with Olympic sports. Up to him whether he stays or not.
I thought that he had made his decision and that he was leaving...

CuseOnly said:
I thought that he had made his decision and that he was leaving...

I don't know as I hadn't heard. You could be right.