Baylor to fire Art Briles / Hire Jim Grobe | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Baylor to fire Art Briles / Hire Jim Grobe

The usually sit them because the danger to the program and university is too great to not do anything. It also sends a message that you can do these things without repercussions - which may lead to more of the same behavior. It's not a right to play D1 football. If you don't want to sit, don't do stupid illegal things.

This case kind of proves all that.

If I had a daughter and their were no repercussions and he friend got assaulted the next week, I'd be all over the school for not protecting its students better.

"If you don't want to sit, don't do stupid illegal things" -- how does that apply to a scenario where a player is wrongly accused and did nothing, but sits because an accusation has been made? Don't you have a problem with that?

dinosaurbbq said:
"If you don't want to sit, don't do stupid illegal things" -- how does that apply to a scenario where a player is wrongly accused and did nothing, but sits because an accusation has been made? Don't you have a problem with that?

I'd do due diligence, talk to police, etc. and if I didn't have an answer before kickoff, I'd sit him.

I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Rape > One game in a kids career

I'd do due diligence, talk to police, etc. and if I didn't have an answer before kickoff, I'd sit him.

I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Rape > One game in a kids career
Unfortunately, our criminal justice system is so logjammed that allegations of rape are not tried to a jury for way longer than a year typically. Allegation of rape > one or two years of a kids career? Not rape, but an allegation of rape. Again, the kid has not been proven to have done anything wrong at all and this assumes he maintains his innocence.

dinosaurbbq said:
Unfortunately, our criminal justice system is so logjammed that allegations of rape are not tried to a jury for way longer than a year typically. Allegation of rape > one or two years of a kids career? Not rape, but an allegation of rape. Again, the kid has not been proven to have done anything wrong at all and this assumes he maintains his innocence.

Allegations of rape are way, way rarer than actual rape. There's not a lot in it for the victim, right? I'd bet there are more unreported sexual assault incidents than fake rape cases.

The right thing to do is to get as much info as you can, you can't wait for the case to be tried, and you make a choice on playing time. Again rape > football. What you absolutely can't do is to convince someone not to bring charges or get a rape kit.

1. I think I was rapped. 2. You should talk to a football coach! 3. They convinced me not to do anything. 4. It happened again!

Remember what happened in the Duke Lacrosse case, our justice system is broken with all the fancy lawyers, who will do anything for money.

Remember what happened in the Duke Lacrosse case, our justice system is broken with all the fancy lawyers, who will do anything for money.

Most prosecutors would have dropped that case in a heartbeat.

If I recall correctly, the Duke case was an isolated incidence wherein the prosecutor knew he did not have sufficient evidence to make a case. Yes, the police should have investigated (they did) and once the stories were supported by other evidence and the accuser's story was proven false by the evidence, the prosecutor should have refused to file charges. The Prosecutor saw a "once-in-a-lifetime" case and was gunning for political office and was blinded by his dream to what the evidence supported.

NOTE: If charges were not filed but later sufficient evidence was brought to light, the prosecutor could have then filed charges (within the Statute of Limitations).

playing-for-pizza.jpg

There are Italian football, err girdiron teams?

I know American college coaches who have gone to Japan to coach teams.

Art Briles from west Texas is coaching a football team in Florence, Italy? Well I'll be a son of a bitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom