Baylor to fire Art Briles / Hire Jim Grobe | Syracusefan.com

Baylor to fire Art Briles / Hire Jim Grobe

Alsacs

Living Legend
Wow. The school is finally accepting the truth that the FB program covered up some sick crap.

Dino Babers isn't going to be candidate is he?

Alsacs said:
Wow. The school is finally accepting the truth that the FB program covered up some sick crap. Dino Babers isn't going to be candidate is he?

Shhh

I hope they name their OC or DC the new head coach and he does very, very well.

The timing of that and the decision to put him on the search committee has me worried. He has to be a candidate no? he fits the profile of a guy that isn't big enough that he wouldn't want to deal with that mess but big enough and attached to the program from before.

I hope they hire Montogmery from Tulsa.

Everyone always thought Briles cheated in building up that program. This stuff is why I heard Texas didn't hire him. They vetted him and didn't like the crap behind the scenes. This is a very Tressel like firing. I wonder if the NCAA is going to hammer them even more or did they just coverup crimes and not NCAA violations.

I would imagine the NCAA will drop the hammer on them and I can't imagine Dino going to deal with that mess.

There's an active thread about Briles & Co... it's been around for a while.

The timing of that and the decision to put him on the search committee has me worried. He has to be a candidate no? he fits the profile of a guy that isn't big enough that he wouldn't want to deal with that mess but big enough and attached to the program from before.

I feel just the opposite. Putting him on the search committee makes him more vested in the athletic department and school as a whole. Being able to have an impact on choosing his AD, someone that he feels would have his back and whose philosophy and credentials he's in line with is a good thing. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Baylor has Dino's name on a list as a possible replacement. I just think he'd politely decline. Let's just say that I choose to have belief without evidence.

I feel just the opposite. Putting him on the search committee makes him more vested in the athletic department and school as a whole. Being able to have an impact on choosing his AD, someone that he feels would have his back and whose philosophy and credentials he's in line with is a good thing. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Baylor has Dino's name on a list as a possible replacement. I just think he'd politely decline. Let's just say that I choose to have belief without evidence.

I applaud the glass half full. If they want him, he's gone b/c he'll be paid more there and will be in a better recruiting area. Not to mention will be given time to get out of this mess.

Alsacs said:
Wow. The school is finally accepting the truth that the FB program covered up some sick crap. Dino Babers isn't going to be candidate is he?

Babers has no connection to Baylor other than being a position coach for a few years. He's been an assistant literally everywhere. His strongest connection to the school is Briles, and Baylor will undoubtedly want to disassociate with Briles as much as possible.

Zero percent chance Babers is even a candidate.

I hope they hire Montogmery from Tulsa.

Everyone always thought Briles cheated in building up that program. This stuff is why I heard Texas didn't hire him. They vetted him and didn't like the crap behind the scenes. This is a very Tressel like firing. I wonder if the NCAA is going to hammer them even more or did they just coverup crimes and not NCAA violations.
What school's Chancellor and AD went to visit him to convince him to take the HC job?

Post Standard publishes article listing Dino as a candidate for the Baylor job in 3...2...1...

Toga said:
What school's Chancellor and AD went to visit him to convince him to take the HC job?

Yeah I thought it was understood that Briles was never interested in UT. Texas certainly didn't act like a school that didn't want to hire him

Would love to pick up a few transfers once the ncaa lays down the hammer
totally agree.

but damn, we need to up Dino's Out Clause by 20MM ASAP...

An old "friend of the program" had a good point..

"there is NO WAY you can fire a coach for fostering a rape culture and then immediately hire one of his disciples.
NO WAY. It would be a HORRIBLE look for Baylor if they fire Briles only to turn around and hire one of his good friends and former coaches at Baylor. They simply cannot do it."

Janner said:
Would love to pick up a few transfers once the ncaa lays down the hammer

Any grad level kids want to play for their old coach in a familiar system?

Yeah guys Baylor's looking for a culture change. You don't fix that by bringing a guy who was a part of said culture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom