BC and Rutgers, A Special Pair | Syracusefan.com

BC and Rutgers, A Special Pair

Wow didn't realize both hadn't won a conference game in hoops yet, and only Rutgers won a game in conference this year in football. NE athletics is thriving! Add PSU, Maryland, SU, etc. Not a great picture to paint on the status of success that can be had up here in our friendly little corridor.

Before I get bashed, take out Maryland & Cuse hoops from this equation. I was too lazy to look up PSU's hoops record too.

CousCuse said:
BC football is not a team to overlook.

Especially since our fired coach won 2 out of 3 vs them and they are moving to a two back pro-style offense and their recruiting has dipped some ;)

I kid. Addazzio is a decent coach. It will be interesting to see if he can right the offense. They were very good on defense (we'll see vs Babers)

In retrospect, BC's firing of Al Skinner was one of the worst miscalculations in college sports the last 15-20 years.

well it was losing Jimmy O'Brien's class due to enhanced admission requirements. If Syracuse had their requirements, we'd be an also ran in the ACC as well. They are self inflicting themselves w tough admissions coupled w some dubious hires.

they should have hired Jim Calhoun or Mike Hopkins for hoops.

Jags lied to the AD. He should have been fired. If you are interviewing for the Jets job, be upfront about it.
The AD threatened him with a firing if he interviewed for any other jobs. It's not surprising he kept it quiet considering he couldn't know he would get the job he was interviewing for.

1 thing about BC is...their hockey team is Fn fantastic year in and year out.

its a revenue producing sport for them.

its also 1 of the 4 major sports and theyve got guys all over the NHL.

now rutgers...

Especially since our fired coach won 2 out of 3 vs them and they are moving to a two back pro-style offense and their recruiting has dipped some ;)

I kid. Addazzio is a decent coach. It will be interesting to see if he can right the offense. They were very good on defense (we'll see vs Babers)

I was very high on Addazio but he might not last long there. BC didn't have much talent his first two years there and he got them to a Bowl each year. However by year three you should start seeing his guys (or dudes) contribute. Last season was a disaster for BC. Next season without Brown at DC how will they do? For a guy who is known as a recruiter they sure do lack talent. If he doesn't go at least 5-7 next year, I think you can put him in the bust column. The thing that likely will save him a few years is his contract which runs through 2020. So he might be there 3 more seasons even if he doesn't produce.

I was very high on Addazio but he might not last long there. BC didn't have much talent his first two years there and he got them to a Bowl each year. However by year three you should start seeing his guys (or dudes) contribute. Last season was a disaster for BC. Next season without Brown at DC how will they do? For a guy who is known as a recruiter they sure do lack talent. If he doesn't go at least 5-7 next year, I think you can put him in the bust column. The thing that likely will save him a few years is his contract which runs through 2020. So he might be there 3 more seasons even if he doesn't produce.
All his QB's were injured. Of course I know SU fans don't think that is much of a problem for a coach to overcome.

All his QB's were injured. Of course I know SU fans don't think that is much of a problem for a coach to overcome.

When they played they sucked ass. I have never seen a team that couldn't complete a pass all year. They made Mahoney look like Aaron Rodgers. These were all scholarship kids that were recruited by Addazio.

When they played they sucked ass. I have never seen a team that couldn't complete a pass all year. They made Mahoney look like Aaron Rodgers. These were all scholarship kids that were recruited by Addazio.
The guy that played in the last game against SU couldn.t hit the broadside of a barn. But he was 5th string emergency back up. For a while they had Flutie's boy , who was also an emergency plan . If what you saying is that Steve Addazio doesn't know the difference between a capable QB and a poor QB , well that's silly. Mahoney is good , BC could have won 7-8 games with him.

CousCuse said:

Ours have been too - and our offense was bad.

But they looked a special kind of awful last year. And they replace their DC.

Addazzio lost the one person that kept his team respectable last year, DC Don Brown. They could be in a world of hurt next season.

Addazzio lost the one person that kept his team respectable last year, DC Don Brown. They could be in a world of hurt next season.

Yeah, that's going to be a big loss. Great hire by Harbaugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom