BC is bowling | Syracusefan.com

BC is bowling

Sickening sickening can't even explain it with words... live for su football... year 2 babers finally get our moment. Damnnnnnn itttttttt thooooo

You're right.
scheduling scheduling scheduling scheduling
While everyone gets good and liquored up at LSU next year, we'll take the beating, and narrowly miss a bowl by a game or two. Meanwhile, the few chumps we beat every year go bowling. Stop with the Wiscy and LSU scheduling until we can beat a south Florida or some other cheesy team like wake. Now I'll brace myself while veryone tells me how awesome wake really is...

You're right.

While everyone gets good and liquored up at LSU next year, we'll take the beating, and narrowly miss a bowl by a game or two. Meanwhile, the few chumps we beat every year go bowling. Stop with the Wiscy and LSU scheduling until we can beat a south Florida or some other cheesy team like wake. Now I'll brace myself while veryone tells me how awesome wake really is...

So what. What bowl are they going to play in? The school is going to lose money shipping out to the Quick Lane, Independence and St. Petersburg bowls and its not going to change the program at all. Addazio will keep middling. The recruiting will still be subpar. Woopity doo.

I'd rather play a monster out of conference game every year then play in any of those bowl games. Death Valley ... Camp Randall ... Touchdown Jesus... yes please. Detroit, a Wednesday night, in December, against Indiana, meh.

So what. What bowl are they going to play in? The school is going to lose money shipping out to the Quick Lane, Independence and St. Petersburg bowls and its not going to change the program at all. Addazio will keep middling. The recruiting will still be subpar. Woopity doo.

I'd rather play a monster out of conference game every year then play in any of those bowl games. Death Valley ... Camp Randall ... Touchdown Jesus... yes please. Detroit, a Wednesday night, in December, against Indiana, meh.

I would rather get the 15 extra practices and the bowl

We'd die for a bowl game right now. Don't kid yourself.

Getting blown out at a prestigious stadium does us no good. We've been there, done that. But keep telling yourself it's okay.

We'd die for a bowl game right now. Don't kid yourself.

Getting blown out at a prestigious stadium does us no good. We've been there, done that. But keep telling yourself it's okay.

We've been blown out in bowl games too, don't kid yourself. The momentum from the epic Texas Bowl win over Minnesota in front of 32k has been cataclysmic for the program.

I'm sure Dino would love 15 more practices and I'd love to see the team in a bowl game too, but given my druthers ...

So while Addazio goes to lame bowls every year, we can bask in 4 wins...WINS bring better recruits more than do 4 win seasons

I would rather get the 15 extra practices and the bowl

Ordinarily I'd agree. But here, i think there are two considerations that minimize their importance. BC really isnt going to improve from those 15 practices. For Syracuse, I think their impact is minimized given the amount of reps Dino gets out of a regular practice and the fact that his offense has been thoroughly installed. We had underclassmen all over the place all year, how much added run do they get out of the bowl ramp up?

We've been blown out in bowl games too, don't kid yourself. The momentum from the epic Texas Bowl win over Minnesota in front of 32k has been cataclysmic for the program.

I'm sure Dino would love 15 more practices and I'd love to see the team in a bowl game too, but given my druthers ...

Our next step is a minor bowl game at 6-6. That's about the best we can hope for next year. We're not going to wake up and suddenly find ourselves in the Fiesta Bowl.

So while Addazio goes to lame bowls every year, we can bask in 4 wins...WINS bring better recruits more than do 4 win seasons

I've never been a D-1 football recruit, so I honestly dont know the impact of a third tier bowl appearance. I was recruited for baseball though, and I personally got all geeked up about playing big programs, in warm climates. I suppose that colors my opinion. There are a few parents of players here and a few more parents of kids who were recruited to play D-1 football. Maybe they'll weigh in?

Our next step is a minor bowl game at 6-6. That's about the best we can hope for next year. We're not going to wake up and suddenly find ourselves in the Fiesta Bowl.

That's obviously where we differ. I agree that our next step is to go 6-6, 7-6, etc. The bowl game, to me, is trivial. And if you get there beating Albany, Buffalo, Army and UMASS, how has the programed improved.

I've never been a D-1 football recruit, so I honestly dont know the impact of a third tier bowl appearance. I was recruited for baseball though, and I personally got all geeked up about playing big programs, in warm climates. I suppose that colors my opinion. There are a few parents of players here and a few more parents of kids who were recruited to play D-1 football. Maybe they'll weigh in?
Okay ... F it. Make all of our out of conference games SEC opponents, in addition to Clemson, FSU and Loisville. That'll make us more desirable to recruits.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom