BC is bowling | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BC is bowling

I've never been a D-1 football recruit, so I honestly dont know the impact of a third tier bowl appearance. I was recruited for baseball though, and I personally got all geeked up about playing big programs, in warm climates. I suppose that colors my opinion. There are a few parents of players here and a few more parents of kids who were recruited to play D-1 football. Maybe they'll weigh in?

We play in warm climates and impressive locales (FSU and Clemson) every year. To my knowledge, it doesn't do much good when you get beaten badly on a regular basis.

We don't need to get angry at each other. I think it's a good question: what helps recruiting more? Is it number of wins? Going to a bowl? Playing in a good conference? Playing against historic programs?

Okay ... F it. Make all of our our of conference games SEC opponents, in addition to Clemson, FSU and Loisville. That'll make us more desirable to recruits.

PlainBackEquestrian-size_restricted.gif

Agreed. People make it out to be some kind of huge deal. I don't think it matters, honestly.

It's one of those things that has been said over and over again, so people just go with it. It's similar to "it's hard to beat a team three times in one season" in college basketball.

So what. What bowl are they going to play in? The school is going to lose money shipping out to the Quick Lane, Independence and St. Petersburg bowls and its not going to change the program at all. Addazio will keep middling. The recruiting will still be subpar. Woopity doo.

I'd rather play a monster out of conference game every year then play in any of those bowl games. Death Valley ... Camp Randall ... Touchdown Jesus... yes please. Detroit, a Wednesday night, in December, against Indiana, meh.
ACC pays the bowl expenses, they lose nothing.

All bowl revenue goes to the league, all expenses are paid by the league. Everything left over is divided almost equally with a slightly larger cut going to the teams that actually went bowling.

So what. What bowl are they going to play in? The school is going to lose money shipping out to the Quick Lane, Independence and St. Petersburg bowls and its not going to change the program at all. Addazio will keep middling. The recruiting will still be subpar. Woopity doo.

I'd rather play a monster out of conference game every year then play in any of those bowl games. Death Valley ... Camp Randall ... Touchdown Jesus... yes please. Detroit, a Wednesday night, in December, against Indiana, meh.

100% agree. The highlight of my 2017 will be a 4-day New Orleans/LSU trip that we're planning for next year. The thought of missing out on that bucket list experience to play UMass in the Dome in order to have a slightly better chance of playing on a random bowl in mid-December is so depressing.

Wildhack wants to schedule more games with Rutgers, Maryland, UConn and Army.

So don't be disappointed.

I like our home schedule when it's: Pitt, Wake, BC, and Clemson

Better than this year. Seems easier somehow.

100% agree. The highlight of my 2017 will be a 4-day New Orleans/LSU trip that we're planning for next year. The thought of missing out on that bucket list experience to play UMass in the Dome in order to have a slightly better chance of playing on a random bowl in mid-December is so depressing.
So that settles it. Your tailgating vacations are more important than program building. Congrats bro.

So that settles it. Your tailgating vacations are more important than program building. Congrats bro.

You don't enjoy traveling to SU away games in exciting new venues?

If we start scheduling OOC home games against UConn Wagner UMass & Buffalo every year, I will stop re-newing my season tickets. I have no interest is spending my Saturday's watching these teams play.
Might as well become an FCS school.

If we start scheduling OOC home games against UConn Wagner UMass & Buffalo every year, I will stop re-newing my season tickets. I have no interest is spending my Saturday's watching these teams play.
I totally get the this. But then we all need to stop complaining about shitty seasons. The ACC gauntlet already makes us walk a tight rope...

Obie makes another good point. The worse teams we play the less likely people are to attend. Then recruits see a half full dome and Dino gets mad at the fans for not showing up.

Lot of factors at play.

Obie makes another good point. The worse teams we play the less likely people are to attend. Then recruits see a half full dome and Dino gets mad at the fans for not showing up.

Lot of factors at play.

Which is why the formula of 1 FCS + 2 winnable FBS games + 1 big time showcase game is perfect every year.

So do you consider yourself a really a big time CUSE fan, if the opponent matters despite being an ACC team and all the yearly opponents already built in?

I totally get the this. But then we all need to stop complaining about shitty seasons. The ACC gauntlet already makes us walk a tight rope...
I'm not complaining. I'm actually very optimistic. I had Syracuse winning 4 games this year with the new coaching staff. The team exceeded my expectations. While we won only 4 games, we did it with a team decimated by injuries. I see a very bright future ahead, and I'll be enjoying the game in Baton Rouge, supporting my team, very happy that I'm not in Syracuse playing Akron.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom