Be happy | Syracusefan.com

Be happy

Millhouse

Living Legend
Pitt's monster line has dominated us so many times and our offense has not been able to keep up. There have been pitt games where we do nothing right.

We are never going to see a younger weaker slower defense than the one yesterday.

All we have to do is upgrade the defense to just bad. That is totally doable, it doesn't matter who coaches or what you run when the bar is that low

This offense is so great that we score 45℅of the points in a game where we gave up 11 yards per play with a walkon qb and a grad transfer who no one ever heard of before this year

It's interesting fun and will get better

Last edited:
Pitt's monster line has dominated us so many times and our offense has not been able to keep up. There have been pitt games where we do nothing right.

We are never going to a younger weaker slower defense than the one yesterday.

All we have to do is upgrade the defense to just bad. That is totally doable, it doesn't matter who coaches or what you run when the bar is that low

This offense is so great that we score 45℅of the points in a game where we gave up 11 yards per play with a walkon qb and a grad transfer who no one ever heard of before this year

But, but the Tampa 2! It's the Tampa 2!!

We are never going to see a younger weaker slower defense than the one yesterday.

I also can't recall a younger defense than the one that we were fielding towards the end of the season either.

The DL is filled with true freshman without an offseason in the S&C. And they had their moments.

Black and Coleman seem like players.
Black and Coleman are gonna be good. It's asking a lot of those two to play as true freshmen. Wish we could've red shirted them, and Williams. Wish Steven had red shirted. Oh well, it is what it is.

Eh, it's the low point in the programs history, don't you know that.

The Mahoney criticism over the last two weeks was always overblown.
It was "overblown" due to the fact he did make a lot of terrible throws against a solid defense. It's what the board does ;)

we has 2 problems to fix.

we got an offense that is well on its way, not even close to its potential and it dominated pitt all over the field. finally played a complete game and still we left points on the field from missed deep throws and an ill-timed INT

The D is too young to play a complete game and the elite offensive teams exposed the mental mistakes.

but if you watch the Pitt game, the D wasnt dominated by run after run, it got confused on assignments on 3-4 runs and it got exposed by speed on 2-3 passes. We are adding a ton of speed next year and the dline will be much more experience by what it has gone thru.
If we dont drop the INT thats a 14 pt swing and we win the game perhaps.

The Mahoney criticism over the last two weeks was always overblown.

In all fairness the guy repeatedly missed open receivers - some for TDs - against both NC State and FSU.

And that was very frustrating.

Apparently he needed some time to adjust to the speed of actual competition.

I like Dungey, but I also like a qb that can play the entire season. Eric has shown incapable of finishing a full campaign. Maybe if we played the Officer earlier in the year, this team wins 6 games and goes bowling...

In all fairness the guy repeatedly missed open receivers - some for TDs - against both NC State and FSU.

Without basing on Mahoney, let's just say that it is a credit to the system that Mahoney can have a 440 yard 5 td game -i bet even Mahoney would say that.

This year could've been so bad without this offensive system. In my mind it's like a one or two win season without it

And face a horrible D yesterday ;)

Without basing on Mahoney, let's just say that it is a credit to the system that Mahoney can have a 440 yard 5 td game -i bet even Mahoney would say that.

This year could've been so bad without this offensive system. In my mind it's like a one or two win season without it

Maybe.

I still like Lester's system.

And with another year under its belt the Shafer defense would probably not have given up the record number of points the defense gave up this year.

The fact is that the ACC is a much tougher conference than I figured it would be and that we need to significantly improve the talent level on both sides of the ball.

Coach Babers and AD Wildhack have a lot of work to do.

I like Dungey, but I also like a qb that can play the entire season. Eric has shown incapable of finishing a full campaign. Maybe if we played the Officer earlier in the year, this team wins 6 games and goes bowling...

That's the dumbest post i have seen this season. ED is a potential nfl talent . yes, he needs to stay on the field.

Last edited:
You must not read your own posts then...

I love ED and ZM . But, clearly ED is the talent that can take this team to great places. your point ?

Maybe.

I still like Lester's system.

And with another year under its belt the Shafer defense would probably not have given up the record number of points the defense gave up this year.

The fact is that the ACC is a much tougher conference than I figured it would be and that we need to significantly improve the talent level on both sides of the ball.

Coach Babers and AD Wildhack have a lot of work to do.
Life is too short to watch purdue but they are awful and throw more int than anyone in college football

I love Phillips as a wr, su much more productive than the hybrid stuff

I love ED and ZM . But, clearly ED is the talent that can take this team to great places. your point ?
What is the point of having a "talent" if he leaves the team in the lurch in the middle of the season? Dungey is a boxer with a glass jaw. He has proven incapable of a full campaign. It's like buying lottery tickets for a retirement strategy...

Both Dungey and Mahoney should have played from game 1...

What is the point of having a "talent" if he leaves the team in the lurch in the middle of the season? Dungey is a boxer with a glass jaw. He has proven incapable of a full campaign. It's like buying lottery tickets for a retirement strategy...

Both Dungey and Mahoney should have played from game 1...

You play your best, always. if your best qb gets hurt then you are SOL like most college and NFL teams . its the most valued position in sports.

Life is too short to watch purdue but they are awful and throw more int than anyone in college football

I love Phillips as a wr, su much more productive than the hybrid stuff

Well, since Terry Malone is the Purdue OC and since Malone does not run Leater's offense, I'm not certain what Purdue has to do with Syracuse Football at this point.

Scoring TDs is fun but it ain't fun watching the other team go up and down the field effortlessly all game long. And eventually you have to win.

I appreciate the effort yesterday - the refusal to quit.

And I look forward to improvement next year.

But I want to win games.

Well, since Terry Malone is the Purdue OC and since Malone does not run Leater's offense, I'm not certain what Purdue has to do with Syracuse Football at this point.

Scoring TDs is fun but it ain't fun watching the other team go up and down the field effortlessly all game long. And eventually you have to win.

I appreciate the effort yesterday - the refusal to quit.

And I look forward to improvement next year.

But I want to win games.
Exactly!!

I really enjoy/appreciate good defense. Possessing the ability to score and playing great defense doesn't have to be mutually exclusive.

This year's defense was, at times, embarrassing to watch. The number of big plays given up just blows my mind. Without doubt, the worst SU defense I can remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom