Beating Louisville on the road | Syracusefan.com

Beating Louisville on the road

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
will be quite possibly the single best win by any team in all of college ball this year.

having that in our back pocket is invaluable.

and we did it without our best shooter.

2 years in a row, what is Louisville at the Yum Center, like 49-6?

Not to mention, it is great to put that arrogant fanbase in their place and send them home unhappy.

will be quite possibly the single best win by any team in all of college ball this year.

having that in our back pocket is invaluable.

and we did it without our best shooter.
and how about Triche? what a game!!

Not to mention, it is great to put that arrogant fanbase in their place and send them home unhappy.

not only their arrogant fan base, but many on this board had all but put this one in the lost column before they even laced em up. in this era of college basketball, I almost never feel like there is less than a 45 percent chance that we win.

and how about Triche? what a game!!

Triche was incredible. He showed me something today I did not think he had in him. But boy was i pissed when he missed that free throw

Triche was incredible. He showed me something today I did not think he had in him. But boy was i pissed when he missed that free throw
he's our bell cow, he will take us to the Championship. This is the year.

You're pissed more than half the time. Enjoy the win!

That is the thing, what is their place? They will soon be 14th in alltime wins. They have 2 titles. They have history. They have every right to have pride in their traditions.

There is a thread I read from an old timer on their 247sports board about the game in Freedom Hall before Kyle Kuric like 2007 which was basically exactly like the Michigan St. 2000 NCAA game. We have a history with them. They owned us for a while but now Syracuse has two in a row in their building.

The fact that they have to deal with UK douchbaggery on a minute to minute basis means I give them a pass a bit. That and the comped tailgate. There is also the bottle of makers those dudes gave me when I parked them for the 1997 NCAAs when I lived on Standart...

We had a drunken SU fan behind the announcers during the game --- so this really wasn't a REAL road game for us.

That guy falling over onto the lap of a Lville fan was CLASSIC.

That guy falling over onto the lap of a Lville fan was CLASSIC.

when he was leaning on the barricade thing behind the announcers and he slipped and landed in the Lville fans laps --- good stuff. He was yelling "Go Orange" all night too - you could hear him pretty clearly through the announcers mikes.

What's that?

I just had a Chip Chipperson callback. Yes, I know there are probably like 2 people on this board who will understand that, but it is what it is.

when he was leaning on the barricade thing behind the announcers and he slipped and landed in the Lville fans laps --- good stuff. He was yelling "Go Orange" all night too - you could hear him pretty clearly through the announcers mikes.

GIFs or it didn't happen.

I don't like these BS comments about their fan base. They are loyal passionate and dedicated to their team and have every right to be.

I live in Nashville so the closest games for me every year are in Louisville. I have dealt with their fans many times both for football and basketball games. They want their team to win of course but have respect for us, there is certainly no hate - they hate UK.

I tailgated at a football game their a couple of years ago and one guy was nice enough to show us around his Louisville RV, offer us drink and food. Overall I have never had a bad experience their. Do they have a couple of wacko fans? Sure everyone does but is a far cry for when I went to Georgetown an got yelled at, spit at an bottles thrown at me by the students lined up waiting to get in the arena.

I don't like these BS comments about their fan base. They are loyal passionate and dedicated to their team and have every right to be.

I live in Nashville so the closest games for me every year are in Louisville. I have dealt with their fans many times both for football and basketball games. They want their team to win of course but have respect for us, there is certainly no hate - they hate UK.

I tailgated at a football game their a couple of years ago and one guy was nice enough to show us around his Louisville RV, offer us drink and food. Overall I have never had a bad experience their. Do they have a couple of wacko fans? Sure everyone does but is a far cry for when I went to Georgetown an got yelled at, spit at an bottles thrown at me by the students lined up waiting to get in the arena.

I suggest you go read cuseincincy's post, and then talk about how "nice" they are. And my experiences at the BET don't jibe with what you are saying, either.

There are good and bad apples in every fanbase, but let's not pretend that the bad doesn't exist just because you've had a generally favorable experience.

Make no mistake: you are entitled to your opinion. Please just don't tell me how I'm supposed to feel about another fanbase.

I suggest you go read cuseincincy's post, and then talk about how "nice" they are. And my experiences at the BET don't jibe with what you are saying, either.

There are good and bad apples in every fanbase, but let's not pretend that the bad doesn't exist just because you've had a generally favorable experience.

I read his post and have found that experiance to be the exception not the norm. I'm not saying that bad apples don't exist they do in every arena but generally thier fanbase are good people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom