Ben Lewis.. A player | Syracusefan.com

Ben Lewis.. A player

tboxCUSE92

Scout Team
Felt like we needed to praise a player on the rise = Ben Lewis. There are supposedly more talented players, faster players and higher rated players ahead of Ben and all the kid does is come out and compete. Ben has great hands, gets open and makes plays for this team. Let's get him more involved.

His playing time makes a statement about: Funderburk, Cornelius, Kobena and so on...

Keep working kid!!

couldnt agree anymore. he doesnt get mentioned as much as he should. i cant recall him dropping one pass or any type of error so far this year. ive taken it upon myself to proclaim him "Sure thing" Ben Lewis

tboxCUSE92 said:
Felt like we needed to praise a player on the rise = Ben Lewis. There are supposedly more talented players, faster players and higher rated players ahead of Ben and all the kid does is come out and compete. Ben has great hands, gets open and makes plays for this team. Let's get him more involved. His playing time makes a statement about: Funderburk, Cornelius, Kobena and so on... Keep working kid!!

Agreed. West could use some love too. He's had 2 very good games back to back.

couldnt agree anymore. he doesnt get mentioned as much as he should. i cant recall him dropping one pass or any type of error so far this year. ive taken it upon myself to proclaim him "Sure thing" Ben Lewis
That's why we like him so much. If the ball is catch-able, he catches it...and he's not easy to take down either.

Never mind what he does on the field. You've got to go with the white guy bias so he's "too slow, and lacks athleticism".

Seriously though, this guy is a damn good football player and needs to get more plays designed to go his way. I've got an idea which play we could cut out in his favor!

Ben's been solid and I hate to say something negative because he's been solid ... but I'm pretty sure that was a linebacker that caught him from behind on the 46 yarder. Not a dig at Ben but right now he's arguably our best (most consistant) WR. We need to get faster.

Ben's been solid and I hate to say something negative because he's been solid ... but I'm pretty sure that was a linebacker that caught him from behind on the 46 yarder. Not a dig at Ben but right now he's arguably our best (most consistant) WR. We need to get faster.
pretty sure that was an LB, but not losing sleep over it, no surprise that ND would have a fast LB.

can this staff scheme him more touches??

Here's a replay:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11603736

It was a cornerback who took him down, at least.

It was definitely a ND LB who was step for step with Estime before cutting in front and making the pick.

Felt like we needed to praise a player on the rise = Ben Lewis. There are supposedly more talented players, faster players and higher rated players ahead of Ben and all the kid does is come out and compete. Ben has great hands, gets open and makes plays for this team. Let's get him more involved.

His playing time makes a statement about: Funderburk, Cornelius, Kobena and so on...

Keep working kid!!

Rocco was all over this kid as being a player after last year's camp scrimmage up at Fort Drum. He's definitely making the most of his opportunity.

If we put a legit #1 WR out there with him [hope that Ishmael is eventually up to the task], he'll be even more dangerous playing alongside somebody like that.

West and Lewis have been the two best WR to date.

I'd base with those two and Ishmael in a 3 Wide base set. Rotate in Fleming and AC. That's it, that's the list. West and Lewis can flip between the slot and wide.

AM and PTG split the TB snaps. Package between a 4Wide/2Back set with Estime or Phillips or use a TE.

You can go fast, still vary the formations, and try to create some favorable matchups.

It was definitely a ND LB who was step for step with Estime before cutting in front and making the pick.
yeah but Estime was def held on that play by said linebacker and no one said anything about it

Thought that was the back up safety, right? #41

yeah but Estime was def held on that play by said linebacker and no one said anything about it

And keep in mind that they said Estime "reinjured" his ankle. I guess it was the injury from training camp. That would explain why he hasn't had the big year so far many, (like me) had hoped for.

And keep in mind that they said Estime "reinjured" his ankle. I guess it was the injury from training camp. That would explain why he hasn't had the big year so far many, (like me) had hoped for.
Yep...we had discussed that in a thread last week. He's played ok but seemed less elusive than last year which makes sense given an ankle injury. After many ankle injuries from running on trails or playing basketball, I can twist an ankle on walking through my living room.

41 is a safety not a LB. and he didnt really catch lewis, he ran him down 40 yds down field because at some pt lewis had to turn the corner or go out of bounds and the kid made a diving tackle.

its another example of a lost drive.. we ran it back to the 45. got penalized to the 10. 2 big pass plays and we went almost 80 yds. then the missed PI call. but no penalty and we are already in the endzone.