Ben Lewis.. A player | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ben Lewis.. A player

upperdeck said:
41 is a safety not a LB. and he didnt really catch lewis, he ran him down 40 yds down field because at some pt lewis had to turn the corner or go out of bounds and the kid made a diving tackle. its another example of a lost drive.. we ran it back to the 45. got penalized to the 10. 2 big pass plays and we went almost 80 yds. then the missed PI call. but no penalty and we are already in the endzone.

That was a horrible no call. Ishmael got mugged.

Way too many points left on the field.

Rocco was all over this kid as being a player after last year's camp scrimmage up at Fort Drum. He's definitely making the most of his opportunity.

If we put a legit #1 WR out there with him [hope that Ishmael is eventually up to the task], he'll be even more dangerous playing alongside somebody like that.

I was surprised that he got so buried on the depth chart actually. Both times I've seen him at Ft Drum have been very impressive. Doesn't do anything great, but does many things well. He is a true possession receiver and should have a greater role on this team IMO.

I was surprised that he got so buried on the depth chart actually. Both times I've seen him at Ft Drum have been very impressive. Doesn't do anything great, but does man things well. He is a true possession receiver and should have a greater role on this team IMO.
I have been paying attention to him since guys on the board started mentioning him (looking at you Rocco) and he really seems to be solid. Can't remember his number being called for a dumb pre-snap penalty either. Kid is going to force his way onto the field more and more.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11603166

Not sure I see the call for a penalty on that play. Hits him within 5 yards of the line. Looks like he might grab the jersey as Estime crosses, but that's not going to get called in any game.
you dont see the grab in the 2nd part of the clip that turns the DB completely around and slows Estime up? without the grab he is 2 steps behind the play. the issue is thats exactly what that backjudge is there to see.. Estime felt it, and was complaining as soon as the play was over. that was a worse PI than one of the ones we got called for.

I have been paying attention to him since guys on the board started mentioning him (looking at you Rocco) and he really seems to be solid. Can't remember his number being called for a dumb pre-snap penalty either. Kid is going to force his way onto the field more and more.
Actually, I think on one drive they called him for false start. I do agree with you that he seems to be real solid. Hopefully he continues to step up.

you dont see the grab in the 2nd part of the clip that turns the DB completely around and slows Estime up? without the grab he is 2 steps behind the play. the issue is thats exactly what that backjudge is there to see.. Estime felt it, and was complaining as soon as the play was over. that was a worse PI than one of the ones we got called for.

When I watched this during the game, I didn't think there was any foul but if you look at the replay in the video at around the 32 or 33 second mark, the grabbing of the jersey and the impeded progress are more flagrant.
That ref was only about five yards away and he seemed to be looking in that general direction, so I'm assuming he saw it and didn't think it was worth a flag.

You mean the LB who held Estime before making the interception. Funny how the refs missed that. Shocking really.

Held the living shite out of him.

It was definitely a ND LB who was step for step with Estime before cutting in front and making the pick.

go back and watch that play as the LB. grabbed him some jersey when Estime was crossing over the middle and caused Estime not to gain separation at that point.

Held the living shite out of him.
lol...I didn't see your post until it lined up after yours. But yeah I saw the grabbing when the play was live.

Really there was grabbing of the jerseys a way too many plays that were not called on both teams. It was nuts