Benny suspended. Maliq still hurt. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Benny suspended. Maliq still hurt.

Suspended from the team seems quite a bit more than you are benched for the next couple games. It hasn't taken long for the deep bench to get whittled down. Everyone makes mistakes, but Benny must not have grasped the importance of being accountable to your teammates and coaches. Just like his absence last year when he left his team high and dry on game day.

Big time reach. This is absolutely most likely Red being very clear on what goes and what doesn't.

People sure are reading a lot into a suspension for an exhibition game. This could be a pretty low level infraction like being late to a practice or two. You have no idea.

I like that our fanbase stays consistent with its willingness to throw kids under the bus, though. Keep it up, guys.

People sure are reading a lot into a suspension for an exhibition game. This could be a pretty low level infraction like being late to a practice or two. You have no idea.

I like that our fanbase stays consistent with its willingness to throw kids under the bus, though. Keep it up, guys.
I don't think anyone is being overly harsh. The wording is a little odd in that he is 'suspended from the team' and that he will 'rejoin the program soon.' It seems a little more than benching him, which could have been done quietly. Not being negative, just pointing out the wording.

Also, I have been worried about the forwards in general, so this might help to see how Taylor and Bell can do in expanded roles.

Man, Benny just continues to disappoint. Of course he just had a positive article written about him on the dot com lol.
"great article Donna. great job Benny." And then this.
Classic.

I don't think anyone is being overly harsh. The wording is a little odd in that he is 'suspended from the team' and that he will 'rejoin the program soon.' It seems a little more than benching him, which could have been done quietly. Not being negative, just pointing out the wording.

Also, I have been worried about the forwards in general, so this might help to see how Taylor and Bell can do in expanded roles.

People would have asked why he wasn’t playing. I think the statement gets ahead of that. As for the wording, it’s pretty boilerplate, imo

Welp, so much for maturing off the court, I hope it’s a missed practice and not something worse

I don't think Benny is being thrown under the bus. I have no idea what happened and I hope he is back soon. He was suspended from the team. He left the team last year. I think you can just look at the facts.

“We expect him back” ~ Coach Autry’s only comment on Benny Williams suspension

“Maliq will be ready to go on Monday”

Not sure what I think of the words “we expect him back”. Sounds like the length is TBD and it’s partially up to Benny having to do something.

Not sure what I think of the words “we expect him back”. Sounds like the length is TBD and it’s partially up to Benny having to do something.
Yes, it sounds as if Benny needs to make a decision TOWARDS something, not away from it.

Eh. He pulled some crap off court last year too. Got T’s on the court. Has never really been a good player, yet.

He’s done nothing to be a fan favorite, that’s for sure.

It’s on him to make it all happen, it’s nobody else’s fault if they’re skeptical at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom