Benny suspended. Maliq still hurt. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Benny suspended. Maliq still hurt.

How can anyone judge the punishment without knowing the crime? We don’t actually know what he did so assuming the penalty was strict is a leap at this point. For all we know he kicked a dog and is getting off easy
or said "whatever bro" when being told to hustle

Let’s wait and see. Could have been late for a team meeting or practice. Who knows. But rules are rules. I’m willing to wait on this one.
Red knows Benny probably better than anyone. Speculating here but maybe he sees that the kid needs a fire lit under him. Half the time he seems to lose focus and starts drifting out there.
Hoping this is Red's way of letting him know that we expect and demand better from him. Enough farting around- time to produce, or sit.

If I had to speculate, our first scrimmage was against two Shumperts. Assuming at least one of them has a girlfriend, Benny could have done the DeShaun
Red would’ve rewarded him with 40 minutes against UNH

Benny needs to get his act together. Red doesn't need any distractions especially from someone he has supported. Benny is expected to help lead the team. He needs to grow up or sit.

Amen to that. Assuming it was small but Red held the line. Now Benny should lock in on doing everything the right way. No excuses. There are other guys ready to step in.

Part of it is he walked out of practice, guessing they want him back so I would assume it’s up to him if he already isn’t back. Not sure if anything that happened after the incident and suspension.
Another mental health break? It’s unfortunate that we need him so much.

These ‘character issues’—not endearing to fans and they can break trust with teammates. I’d love to know the cause. But with his second transgression (maybe there were others and we only hear about the last straws?) and Judah’s Slap… it’s getting harder and harder to love the game. This, with them being paid. I wonder if that’s a component of it all. Greater sense of entitlement from teenagers who suddenly have a ‘net worth’ but don’t yet have the maturity or intellect to reconcile that with responsibilities and commitment.

Last edited:

These ‘character issues’—not endearing to fans and they can break trust with teammates. I’d love to know the cause. But with his second transgression (maybe there were others and we only hear about the last straws?) and Judah’s Slap… it’s getting harder and harder to love the game. This, with them being paid. I wonder if that’s a component of it all. Greater sense of entitlement from teenagers who suddenly have a ‘net worth’ but don’t yet have the maturity or intellect to reconcile that with responsibilities and commitmentl
Judah should’ve slapped their coach.

I never want to be someone who judges the mental state of a teenager who is not my blood. Not everyone handles everything the same. Being gifted athletically or in any thing does not guarantee one can feel like you or I, either of whom would have probably loved having his physical gifts. May be he would tradee that for my mental tranquility.

These ‘character issues’—not endearing to fans and they can break trust with teammates. I’d love to know the cause. But with his second transgression (maybe there were others and we only hear about the last straws?) and Judah’s Slap… it’s getting harder and harder to love the game. This, with them being paid. I wonder if that’s a component of it all. Greater sense of entitlement from teenagers who suddenly have a ‘net worth’ but don’t yet have the maturity or intellect to reconcile that with responsibilities and commitmentl
What was “Judah’s slap?”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom