Benny! | Syracusefan.com

Benny!

BillSU

All American
I think a turning point at least in the first half was the long pass for Benny to Dunk the ball and he didn't would have given he and this team confidence in himself and the team in him - but he missed.
So many misses that wouldn't have had anything to do with Jesse. The team couldn't buy one late in the game. Not a BAD game but we could not shoot the ball let alone have it taken away from Joe and Buddy. Damn.

Benny missing the dunk was a turning point in that it meant benny was not going to get any run and that meant more jimmy and that meant more crap production and that meant a loss.

Thus...turning point.

Sarcasm...but hated that miss so much

Speaking of turning points I wonder if anyone is able to find on this chart the exact moment of Buddy’s hero ball backdown?

Hmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

5165D017-AF45-456C-9BBB-1D93980EF3F2.jpeg

Either play Benny at least 25 minutes a game, write off the rest of the season as developmental for next year, and give him every chance to grow into his talent...or nail his shorts to the bench and make sure he never sees a minute. As it is, I can not stand seeing him come into the game for 6-7 minutes, embarrass himself, hurt the team, get pulled, lose confidence, and not learn anything.

If JB thinks there is still something to play for, fine. Run Ajak out there instead of Williams. Benny is averaging 7 minutes more per game than Jon Bol but only half a point more. Their rebounding is basically the same. Personally, I think it is time to cut bait on the season and set Benny up for success and a starting role next year. But please...enough of how they are using him now. It is the worst of both worlds.

Either play Benny at least 25 minutes a game, write off the rest of the season as developmental for next year, and give him every chance to grow into his talent...or nail his shorts to the bench and make sure he never sees a minute. As it is, I can not stand seeing him come into the game for 6-7 minutes, embarrass himself, hurt the team, get pulled, lose confidence, and not learn anything.

If JB thinks there is still something to play for, fine. Run Ajak out there instead of Williams. Benny is averaging 7 minutes more per game than Jon Bol but only half a point more. Their rebounding is basically the same. Personally, I think it is time to cut bait on the season and set Benny up for success and a starting role next year. But please...enough of how they are using him now. It is the worst of both worlds.
Yep. Great post.

Where has anyone seen even a sliver of talent that says Benny could start next season?
Let's get real. Maybe he has some amazing turnaround after a summer of development. But good grief throwing him out there now for major minutes would be cruel as well as suicidal for the chances of winning.

I think this line of thinking is ridiculous. He has been given every chance to get it going. Even more so than past players who have played better. Here is my advice: the next time you get into a game, which will be the next game about 9-12 minutes in, DO SOMETHING! Finish the perfect lob pass, get an offensive rebound, make a steal, do...SOMETHING that will keep you in the game! Either play him 25 minutes or nail him to the bench? What does that even mean? He has been handled exactly the way any coach with a brain should handle him.

DO SOMETHING!!

Benny is broken.
Maybe we shouldn’t have gone into this season with just 3 forwards and JBA attempted to transfer and came back.

This roster was mismanaged from the beginning. We could have recruited more HS players. We had a 1 person recruiting class and we lost more players than we brought in.

We shouldn’t have just 3 playable guards and 3 playable forwards.

Especially when we have no superstars. This roster was built so the starters would get all the minutes. Benny isn’t ready so the starters get 35.+.

Jimmy has played more minutes per game at Syracuse than on a bad Cornell team.

When Benny missed that alley-oop I was absolutely deflated for both him & the team. I don't think I've seen a player seemingly have a lid on the rim to the point of going 4 games without scoring a bucket, even a perfectly set up alley-oop doesn't go down. Eventually the percentages will play that the ball has to go in on a shot... right? RIGHT?! it's pretty stunning. I know there's tons of debate about how much JB should play him, but I do genuinely wish Benny would meaningfully take advantage of the minutes he's on the court... And he just simply hasn't yet. Hoping he will before the seaon ends, would love to see him break through in some way.

I thought the turning point was the five-second call on the inbound.

Benny is broken.
Maybe we shouldn’t have gone into this season with just 3 forwards and JBA attempted to transfer and came back.

This roster was mismanaged from the beginning. We could have recruited more HS players. We had a 1 person recruiting class and we lost more players than we brought in.

We shouldn’t have just 3 playable guards and 3 playable forwards.

Especially when we have no superstars. This roster was built so the starters would get all the minutes. Benny isn’t ready so the starters get 35.+.

Jimmy has played more minutes per game at Syracuse than on a bad Cornell team.
Jimmy is playing so many minutes because Benny has been much worse and unprepared than anyone could have expected

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom