Best dunks by SU player? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Best dunks by SU player?

No video, but under the circumstances - how about Conrad McRae’s dunk at the buzzer against UConn to put the game into OT(where SU would win). How often do you see a dunk at the buzzer, let alone a meaningful one?

Now I’m wondering if I’ve got this mixed up? Was it McRae or Ellis who dunked at the buzzer to put it in OT? I’m thinking now it might’ve been Ellis? Not sure though.

In searching that UConn site that has a lot of old games, I see we beat them 81-79 in OT at the Dome in 1991. Ellis played a lot more than McRae in 91. There’s no video of that game though.

The 1992 game, which is on that site, we beat them 84-83. McRae got fouled with a couple seconds left in a tie game and got hurt on the play, so Hopkins shot the FT’s - made the first and got kissed on the cheek by Moten, and then airballed the second.

DC was the most talented player to ever play at SU and in fact one of the most talented players in the history of the game .. he didn’t realize the potential to the degree he should have
DC at 6'9 would regularly bring the ball up court. coast to coast on several explosions. and i don't ever remember him getting stripped.great all around skill set. bring back 44 !

Doesn't meet the parameters of the OP, and I can't find it on line, but there was a Tony Bruin baseline dunk over Ewing in the Dome that was crazy good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom