Best Options post Spectrum | Syracusefan.com

Best Options post Spectrum

Orangefan1

All Conference
I just want to know because I’m really unsure. What’s the best for sports after Spectrum? I want the Yes Network and TNT TBS and ACCNetwork. I’m really unsure of what to do and this weekend it killed me to pay so much money and not be able to watch barely any college football on ESPN because of the dispute with Disney. Thanks in advance for any advice!

YoutubeTV is what I always recommend however they don’t have the YES network so I think in your case it’s probably not the best option. I’ve heard HuluTV is really good but I’m not sure if they have YES or not. I’d check out each streaming service see what they offer and choose the one that best fits your needs, regardless I’d move away from cable.

YoutubeTV is what I always recommend however they don’t have the YES network so I think in your case it’s probably not the best option. I’ve heard HuluTV is really good but I’m not sure if they have YES or not. I’d check out each streaming service see what they offer and choose the one that best fits your needs, regardless I’d move away from cable.
MLB.tv with vpn used to work for Yankees but they've cracked down and it's very spotty now

Six hours away and they think I'm going to drive to the game because it's blacked out

It depends on whether a DVR is important to you. If it is, YouTubeTV is terrific: unlimited DVR, saves for 9 months. But no YES, MLB or NHLN. I think you can get YES streaming separately just for the baseball season, if the Yankees are ever worth watching again. The only other channel it doesn't have which I watch periodically is Bloomberg TV.

You can buy YES streaming a la carte now so I think the best choice is YouTube TV with YES streaming during baseball season. That’s what I’m gonna do. This spectrum nonsense is too much

Last edited:
Hulu TV does not have YES

You can but YES streaming a la carte now so I think the best choice is YouTube TV with YES streaming during baseball season. That’s what I’m gonna do. This spectrum nonsense is too much
Hulu with Live TV gives you Disney+ and ESPN+ as well, so it's cheaper than Youtube TV when adding the Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ as a separate stream.

It depends on whether a DVR is important to you. If it is, YouTubeTV is terrific: unlimited DVR, saves for 9 months. But no YES, MLB or NHLN. I think you can get YES streaming separately just for the baseball season, if the Yankees are ever worth watching again. The only other channel it doesn't have which I watch periodically is Bloomberg TV.
We watch a lot of hockey and NHLN isn't necessary as ESPN+ carries all games not aired by TBS/TNT. NHLN usually simulcasts games which you get on ESPN+.

This is helpful. What about Syracuse games on YES? I think there were a few last year right?

This is helpful. What about Syracuse games on YES? I think there were a few last year right?
Correct. There are always a few hoops games on YES it seems. Thats why I think the answer is YouTube tv and then buy YES streaming. That has to be cheaper than the $250 a month I spend on spectrum no?

Correct. There are always a few hoops games on YES it seems. Thats why I think the answer is YouTube tv and then buy YES streaming. That has to be cheaper than the $250 a month I spend on spectrum no?

RSN package was bought by the CW Network. No more YES.

I don't believe there will any longer be any Syracuse FB or BB games on YES. The Raycom ACC TV package that used to be on Regional Sports Networks around the country will now be on The CW stations. First game on The CW is next Saturday. Cinn @ Pitt at 6:30pm.

RSN package was bought by the CW Network. No more YES.

Ah. That’s right. But still need YES for yanks during April-September.

Hulu with espn+ and hbo max costs me $97 a month and I’ve been able to see just about every single game other than bball sometimes on YES.

Also, depending on your credit card (I have specific Amex) I get $20 monthly “digital entertainment” credit which makes it $77 a month for all that. And being able to watch games on my phone through the app has been amazing so if I’m not home I’m not missing anything…

My mom has spectrum and cannot believe how much that bill is every month for less channels than what Hulu has

Find an online stream. All of those streaming services are just as much as a cable bill.

Find an online stream. All of those streaming services are just as much as a cable bill.
Who had CW what streaming service? Is that something we’d have to buy separately?

Hulu live tv has espn plus which I don’t think YouTube TV has. That’s where I landed this year after looking at options. Should cover all our games

I have spectrum as my internet provider with YouTube TV I get espn but my espn app is blocked to ACCNX and espn+. Any suggestions