Best SU team of this new "Golden Age"? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Best SU team of this new "Golden Age"?

You gotta love these arguments. it's better than having a great team in 2009-2010 and nobody that compares to them since.

Heck, our best team might be next year.

Isn't that the truth? And SWC, you happen to be right. As well as this young team is going, they are going to be so much more experienced next year. I don't think Cooney or Ennis are going anywhere next season. Sure, we lose Fair and Baye - two great cornerstone program guys in the most successful period in our program's history - but we will have a full stable of forwards competing for playing time, along with 2 extremely experienced big men at that point in Christmas and Coleman, with another great big body with a year in the program in Chino. What a team we have this year, and holy moley, add in another potentially excellent PG in Kaleb Joseph, and another stud PF in Chris McCullough, and you have to think that great things are in store.

My favourite was the 2009/2010 team. The 2011/2012 team despite the gaudy record seemed to live on the edge too much and was frustrating at times (relatively of course). I think its too early to raise this team -- but it can get into the discussion no doubt.

I just loved the makeup of the 2010 team. Everyone in the top 7 could contribute offensively, and in so many different and complimentary ways. Johnson with the athletic game. Arinze in the post. Rick had a decent post game as well, and was a nice a passer for a big. Rautins was such a terrific passer, and it was not only that he was a bomber - it was the quick trigger. Both our bench players were explosive - Jardine could really take guys off the dribble, and Joseph had these amazing slashes to the basket (which sadly seemed to go way towards the end of his SU Career)

My favourite was the 2009/2010 team. The 2011/2012 team despite the gaudy record seemed to live on the edge too much and was frustrating at times (relatively of course). I think its too early to raise this team -- but it can get into the discussion no doubt.

I just loved the makeup of the 2010 team. Everyone in the top 7 could contribute offensively, and in so many different and complimentary ways. Johnson with the athletic game. Arinze in the post. Rick had a decent post game as well, and was a nice a passer for a big. Rautins was such a terrific passer, and it was not only that he was a bomber - it was the quick trigger. Both our bench players were explosive - Jardine could really take guys off the dribble, and Joseph had these amazing slashes to the basket (which sadly seemed to go way towards the end of his SU Career)

We had two of everything- two inside scorers, (Onuaku and Jackson) two outside guys, (Rautins and Johsnon), several guys who could drive to the basket. Two points guards, (Triche and Jardine), plenty of depth and a great defense with Rautins at the top of the zone and AO using his big body in the paint, (DaJuan, look at the tape!).

Then we lost AO and had only one inside guy. Butler surrounded Rick as we tried to get the ball to him and we had 8 turnovers doing that. We still had a late lead and might have won but for a bad out of bounds call. And they came within a rimmed out half court shot of winning it all.

Loved that team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom