Between your former BE mates WVU and UConn | Syracusefan.com

Between your former BE mates WVU and UConn

WoadBlue

Starter
which fan base is worse, and/or more entertaining, in its hatred of the ACC for not taking it?

I think it's WVU hands down. I mean, they have a dude.

No one takes the UConn football fanbase seriously. Even when they were beating us most times between 2005 and when we restored order in 2012.

Even tie. They're both pathetic. I understand their frustrations but neither fan base wants to admit their respective downsides and both bash Syracuse like an animal with rabies.

I find the WVU hatred of the ACC (in particular the buckaineer crackpot) to be entertaining, Uconn's is just nauseating. I also like WVU significantly more than Uconn, I actually cheer for WVU in the Big 12. Uconn I hope rots in the gutter of college football solely due to their fan-base, the actual program doesn't even bother me that much.

What you've asked is a two part question with a three part answer.

WVU fans are worse because they are anger at the ACC so much they don't live in reality. UConn fans doesn't have a football fanbase they want to pretend their football brand is as good as their basketball brand. UConn fans should blame their glory seeking AG now Senator for why the ACC hasn't invited them. Instead, they don't blame their own. WVU fans are worse because they are butthurt and UConn fans know they are stuck in purgatory so are bitter. If UConn invested in football a lot earlier and played D-1 football without the safe confines of being in a BCS conference they would get more sympathy.

WVU fans seem to have a chip on their shoulder for that believe is a lack of respect for their FB program. They are decent, but haven't won a NC and won 3BCS bowls playing in the weakest BCS conference which they didn'[t feel got enough respect. They hate the ACC and will always be bitter they won't be in the best conference in their region. UConn football should pay its dues and become better and then maybe they would get respect.

UConn's fans are deplorable, terrible people. And that's not a blanket statement, they're all like that.
They are an inevitable product of their environment. That part of Connecticut has no redeaming qualities and yet a tremendous amount of ego. It makes no sense.

UConn's fans are deplorable, terrible people. And that's not a blanket statement, they're all like that.

Agreed. Anyone who's been to the BET can attest to that.

Choosing between those two schools is similar to choosing between syphilis and gonorrhea... Itd be a tough choice and really doesn't make sense arguing in favor of either but at least we got rid of them both.

RF2044 said:
Agreed. Anyone who's been to the BET can attest to that.

Or Rentschler Field.

Even tie. They're both pathetic. I understand their frustrations but neither fan base wants to admit their respective downsides and both bash Syracuse like an animal with rabies.
UConn fans also hate BC for not being A-OK with the lawsuits.

WVU fans are worse because they are anger at the ACC so much they don't live in reality. UConn fans doesn't have a football fanbase they want to pretend their football brand is as good as their basketball brand. UConn fans should blame their glory seeking AG now Senator for why the ACC hasn't invited them. Instead, they don't blame their own. WVU fans are worse because they are butthurt and UConn fans know they are stuck in purgatory so are bitter. I invested in football a lot earlier and played D-1 football without the safe confines of being in a BCS conference they would get more sympathy.

WVU fans seem to have a chip on their shoulder for that believe is a lack of respect for their FB program. They are decent, but haven't won a NC and won 3BCS bowls playing in the weakest BCS conference which they didn'[t feel got enough respect. They hate the ACC and will always be bitter they won't be in the best conference in their region. UConn football should pay its dues and become better and then maybe they would get respect.
But here is something that is UConn crazy that even the WVU fans have not equalled. The UConn board has made it against the law to speak ill of the Big Ten.

But here is something that is UConn crazy that even the WVU fans have not equalled. The UConn board has made it against the law to speak ill of the Big Ten.
That is because they are clinging on to #DreamB1G. I can wish to date to Scarlett Johansson,, but it doesn't mean I have a freaking chance to with her same thing with UConn and the B1G. UConn fans thing they have a shot at the B1G so they are circling the wagons around the B1G like the WVU jihadists have done for the Big XII.

Can I nominate Rutgers delusional fan base as being the worst of all
No, it's not even close to UConn. Not even close. Head over to Gampel wearing orange and then tell me the RAC is worse. Literally the worst human beings.

Is this a real question?

WVU fans easily.

Is this a real question?

WVU fans easily.
WVU fans are a special bunch, but UConn fans are fast catching up. The Boneyard is a never ending array of these notions: The ACC is evil; BC is worse than evil; Syracuse is worthless and evil; The Big Ten's sacred name shall not be taken in vain, nor that of the sacred league's most wealthy members; Notre Dame is evil; the Big Ten is our hope and salvation, praise be its holy name; the ACC is soon to die; Maryland is a great freedom fighter against evil; Can't wit until the Big Ten makes the ACC pay by killing it; the deep south ACC football schools didn't want us, so they are stupid and deserve to see the ACC die; we're certain Tobacco Road backed us, but did not fight hard enough, to they deserve to see the ACC die; Rutgers did not deserve to get into the Big Ten ahead of us, but the Big Ten is very smart and has a plan, unlike the stupid ACC, and that plan means we are next for Jim Delaney, and that means Rutgers is our friend and ally against the ACC; Virginia is going to the Big Ten with us because Virginia wants more TV money and knows it is better to be with us and Maryland than with UNC and Dook; Virginia fans on this board need to be banned because even when they say they hope UConn gets invited into the ACC, they refuse to agree that UVA should leave the ACC; Louisville is a commuter junior college and Syracuse is an over the hill college dropping far down academic rankings, while Rutgers is a great AAU land grant university; football history means nothing - it's the future that matters and we deliver NYC; once we get into the Big Ten, the ACC will have no presence in NYC, and that means Syracuse basketball will dry up and die.

Woad...talking points pretty much nailed.

We call them our Psycho Ditched ex-girlfriends

Woad, you nailed U-Conn to a tee in that post. They are beyond delusional. From the very beginning conference realignment has been about TV money. 80% of all TV money comes from Football. U-Conn doesn't get that the B1G in expansion has wanted either an elite football brand(Penn State in 1990. Nebraska in 2010) OR a school in an elite TV market(Maryland, Baltimore/DC TV markets, Rutgers, New Jersey/portion of NYC 2011)

U-Conn fans don't get that the B1G analyzed Rutgers and U-Conn and came to the conclusion that Rutgers was more valuable to the BTN than U-Conn was. UConn doesn't want to acknowledge this because to admit the true is admittance they are stuck in purgatory. They are butthurt thus they want to act like their football brand is as good as their basketball brand which is actually valuable. If they couldn't hold onto their B1GDream then their future would completely suppress their fanbase's motivation to support D-1 football. They fail to acknowledge they waited to too long to get into D-1 and don't acknowledge the fact they were given a bid into a BCS league upon joining D-1and had a short cut to even becoming the mediocre football program they are. Instead, we should be all be kissing their a$$ because upon joining D-1 they have become mediocre in football. D-1 football is an expensive game which they didn't care to invest in until the Big East gave them the assurances of being in their conference.

U-Conn's football program is DOA unless a P5 gives them more welfare. This crap is I have said is why I will not feel sorry for U-Conn. Their fanbase believes their basketball success means should be transferred to mean that their football program DESERVES more respect than it has earned. Syracuse football has been good over for 60 years and because we had a bad stretch from 2005 till 2008 while U-Conn was mediocre makes their fans feel like they caught our program up when all they did was play mediocre while our program went thru a terrible coach.

WVU fans knew their football program was never going to become completely irrelevant like U-Conn football fans have to worry about. WVU was worried about going from a BCS league and becoming East Carolina. That is why they hate the ACC and worship at the altar of the Big XII which saved them. They hate the ACC pure simple because of this and they don't want to acknowledge how their fanbase is just plain nasty to anyone who doesn't worship at the WVU/Big XII altar.

Last edited: