Big Ten exploring using the Dome for winter football | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Big Ten exploring using the Dome for winter football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the B1G serious right now?... what a joke they are looking like floating a Thanksgiving start.

Does myocarditis not affect their athletes if they delay their season two months after the rest of us?

They wouldn’t make the decision they did today.

There is nothing wrong with changing your mind more powerful entities should do it more often.

This gives them bowl season and NFL playoffs. Shrewd move. Other than the fact the bottom of the conference isn’t very good and will not interest casuals.

But I wouldn’t be scared to throw Buttgers Iowa against a playoff game that could turn into a blow out. Most of us have multiple TVs.

They wouldn’t make the decision they did today.

There is nothing wrong with changing your mind more powerful entities should do it more often.

This gives them bowl season and NFL playoffs. Shrewd move. Other than the fact the bottom of the conference isn’t very good and will not interest casuals.

But I wouldn’t be scared to throw Buttgers Iowa against a playoff game that could turn into a blow out. Most of us have multiple TVs.

I'd much rather watch an NFL playoff game that is a blowout than Rutgers

I'd much rather watch an NFL playoff game that is a blowout than Rutgers

Sure. But competing against one game vs 8 better noon kickoff CFB games isn’t a bad situation. Ohio St Michigan won’t go head to head with NFL playoffs.

I don’t believe so.
All of the modifications done over the years to make it a practice facility, pretty much eliminate it as a viable venue for anything else now.
Not so fast, it really depends on how many fans you would allow/want. A basketball court is the easy part, a movable court such as we use to have in Manley way back when Boeheim was running could be arranged. TV could easily be accomodated. Fans would be limited but old timey seating could be brought in. In short Basketball could be done at Manley.

I am not a B1G fan and don’t know a lot about how decisions are made in that conference.

But based on what I have seen over the years, I am not sure Northwestern speaks for the B1G. Pretty sure they are the voice of reason in the corner that the schools that run the conference listen to, then totally ignore when decisions affecting big money are made.

It’s pretty funny to watch the B1G struggle with their decision to cancel football.

They really assumed once they cancelled the rest would fall...

meanwhile, high school football from Utah was on the tv last night with plenty of fans in the stands.

yah really gotta love the difference in views on this across the country.

The Big Ten are such morons they deserve to be mocked the entire season.
It’s suddenly going to be safer to football in November rather than September when it’s warmer and not Flu season.

It’s just stupid cancel the season for player safety or play them regularly.

Hoops is likely going to be played in bubbles somewhere, likely not Syracuse. The Dome is going to be more available than most think.

The university would be crazy to say no from a financial perspective...but will the community want outsiders coming to Syracuse...that’s the bigger question.
How the *SU* football season goes would inform on the efficacy of playing B1G games in the Dome.

If, somehow, we figure out how to safely conduct a season in Sept-Oct-Nov, maybe a season starting after Thanksgiving is possible.

How the *SU* football season goes would inform on the efficacy of playing B1G games in the Dome.

If, somehow, we figure out how to safely conduct a season in Sept-Oct-Nov, maybe a season starting after Thanksgiving is possible.

How DARE you bring this thread back on topic!! ;)

But yes - should SU somehow manage to safely navigate thru the ACC football season, then allowing the B1G to acce$$ our facilities after that time is at least theoretically possible.

If Michigan has to play a game here at The Dome, should we break out their banner for them that went "missing" in 1998? Make them feel right at home when they run out on the field...lol

Not to go OT, but would LOVE to hear what happened to that banner. I've seen the pics and the thread but I'm amazed it's been hush hush since then

Not to go OT, but would LOVE to hear what happened to that banner. I've seen the pics and the thread but I'm amazed it's been hush hush since then
Shhhhhhh! ;)

If someone hasn’t already, please make jokes about:
1. The B1G having to buy naming rights
2. Building something and making “them” pay for it
3. Facilities usage contingent on an invite ... just so we can turn it down
4. The thought of football teams traveling to Syracuse in the winter to escape the snow
5. RU playing UMD in the Dome in late January and during a pandemic would be priceless. Fans might show up. (And, I mean “fans might show up” literally. There might literally be 2 fans - roughly one from each school.)

On a serious note, I hope this happens, and I hope the raise beer prices for the occasion.

If they use the Dome I want to see Ohio State, Michigan or Wisconsin. Don't give me Rutgers, Maryland or Indiana. Prime rib, not veggie burger.
Will anyone from the SU fanbase be in the building? Except for ushers, concessionaires, etc.

If the B1G and Pac-12 play in Thanksgiving/winter season, then they can have their own championship. Whoever wins that game can play the winner of the fall season championship between the SEC or Clemson. And by play, I mean they can lose...

Will anyone from the SU fanbase be in the building? Except for ushers, concessionaires, etc.

I might go to see the Buckeyes up close, especially if they had a decent opponent.

I might go to see the Buckeyes up close, especially if they had a decent opponent.
I would expect The New Dome to only host “home games for Rutgirls, Maryland and Ped State. So for you, that would mean O$U @ P$U.

Last edited:
I was thinking that if the Dome stages B1G games under the proposed attendance restrictions (20%), the 2 visiting teams would likely not be willing to give up their share of 10,000 tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.