Big Ten exploring using the Dome for winter football | Syracusefan.com

Big Ten exploring using the Dome for winter football

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif.cf.gif

They must be really desperate to be considering using the dome for games. It is so far from most of the conference campuses. My guess is that the dome would almost never be available in January or February on a Saturday. Games would have to be played on weird days, like Thursday or Friday nights, maybe Sunday afternoons.

Once lacrosse starts, the availability of the facility would be even more limited. They are going to have to go full MAC conference mode if they want to play here.

That said, I am sure the university would listen, and make the facility available for the right price. It would be good to get some of that sweet B1G channel money in CNY.

Just like Syracuse it is very cold in places like Ann Arbor, Madison, and Chicago during February and March. This was probably part of the plan before they decided to postpone the season. That said, it remains to be seen if they pulled to plug too early on the Fall season.

They must be really desperate to be considering using the dome for games. It is so far from most of the conference campuses. My guess is that the dome would almost never be available in January or February on a Saturday. Games would have to be played on weird days, like Thursday or Friday nights, maybe Sunday afternoons.

Once lacrosse starts, the availability of the facility would be even more limited. They are going to have to go full MAC conference mode if they want to play here.

That said, I am sure the university would listen, and make the facility available for the right price. It would be good to get some of that sweet B1G channel money in CNY.

It was mentioned in another article that the Big Ten is looking to start games on Wednesday, Jan. 7 or Thursday, Jan. 8, with the rest of the conference having games scheduled that Friday and Saturday. They also don't want games overlapping with each other which would open up multiple television windows to various broadcast partners.

I think the Big Ten would be cool with having games played at the Dome on Thurs and Fri nights to get their season done, and SU can have the Dome on Saturdays and Sundays for Hoops/Lax. As you said they are looking a bit desperate.

Last edited:
Rutgers is gonna pay for our roof

2020 is weird

Rutgers can’t even pay their bills and now you want them to pay for our roof. I guess they could always steal the money from the RU students and the NJ tax payers like they are accustom to doing.

Rutgers can’t even pay their bills and now you want them to pay for our roof. I guess they could always steal the money from the RU students and the NJ tax payers like they are accustom to doing.
It's a beautiful roof... beautiful... and nobody knows more about roofs and civil engineering and mechanics of solids than me... and Rutgers will pay for it.

Big 10 in scramble mode. Saw a clip yesterday on the SI article that came out, the quoted source Said they’re in full blown panic mode as a conference. Thought everyone would follow suit once they postponed and they’d look like a hero.

whelp.
308379D8-B08F-45B1-8D93-3FE6386E70C6.jpeg

Imagine the free advertising:

"Welcome to the Ohio State Buckeyes versus Michigan Wolverines here at the Syracuse Done, home of the Orangemen."

It only takes the Dome crew a few hours to convert the Dome from one sport to another, it could happen if SU plays on Sunday afternoons. The Dome could host 2 or 3 football games on Saturday, for a small nominal fee, of course.

The real issue is whether Tuesdays or Wednesdays would be available for Rutgers games. On the bright side, Rutgers would be able to carpool their entire fan base in one car.

No chance that Syracuse would let the BIG play football games in the Dome this winter? If the price is right they damn sure will. SU like every other college is hurting for money right now.

We should just play in the winter with the Big 10 then. I mean we wouldn't have to leave our campus then. It all makes no sense if you start to peel the onion.

The school isn't going to work their schedule around football games and introduce other schools to campus to play football because said schools didn't want to play football in the fall because of health concerns.

This is dumber than Ohio St to the ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.