Big turnout by the students today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Big turnout by the students today

We are not a football school. I cant stress that enough. Those who dont believe this are fooling themselves

Louisville isn't a football school and they have success. Duke definitely isn't a football school and they are successful. UCLA isn't a football they are successful. You really don't have to be a football school to be good, and have people attend the games. We could definitely say the University isn't committed to football.

This isn't anything new.Why do you think fund raising is such an issue.They don't care when they're here and don't after they leave.

anomander said:
Louisville isn't a football school and they have success. Duke definitely isn't a football school and they are successful. UCLA isn't a football they are successful. You really don't have to be a football school to be good, and have people attend the games. We could definitely say the University isn't committed to football.

I agree. I just laugh at the argument when people say we are a football school.

The only 'students' who go to SU for the football are the football players. The only 'students' who go to SU for the basketball are the basketball players. I know I am a simple man but what does how a school is labeled have to do with anything? :noidea:

We are not a football school. I cant stress that enough. Those who dont believe this are fooling themselves
The only time you post on the f ball board is to say we are not a football school. Which also has 0 relevance when it comes to student attendance (Louisville).

brokenrecord.jpg

Let's see how many show up for the Adrian game tomorrow. Maybe the school should do something other than have DJ Maestro as the lure to get students in the dome for football? Free tickets & free party in Club 44 for students at the end of the game. Since the football isn't the bait why not try something else to get them excited about being there until we can field a better team? It makes a difference when the student section is full, we could have used their support for all of the games this year.

Time to move the student section to 305-307. They don't deserve to be on the field at all. Get rid of that ridiculous DJ as well...or stick him up with the students new section.

Marsh01 said:
They dont go to the football games because in their lifetime we have been a basketball power. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Not sure why people get upset when students dont show for football
there's something about u I just don't truly like.. Maybe your sarcasm towards football.. But please don't give me a lecture how u been to the dome for 35 years to see football team... Doesn't mean u bleed it

Let's blast the students because we're frustrated with how the team is playing, great idea.

Bottom line is, for basketball, SU has one of the ten best student fan bases in the country and I don't know if you all saw, but our number 1 ranked soccer program had an enormous student turnout Sunday. Of course attendance won't be great during a losing season. I don't know why people spend their time worrying about it.

Last edited:
The students are NOT close with basketball either. When they start going to exhibition games and midnight madness we can talk. 75% of that student group that shows up to basketball games can't name the starting 5.

Let's blast the students because we're frustrated with how the team is playing, great idea.

Bottom line is, for basketball, SU has one of the ten best student fan bases in the country and I don't know if you all saw, but our number 1 ranked soccer program had an enormous student turnout Sunday. Of course attendance won't be great during a losing season. I don't know why people spend their time worrying about it.
The first thing i thought when the game started was... well the students didn't show up as usual. I said to my friend that it's time to take away the student section from the first tier of the bowl.

Student section, Northwestern vs. Michigan.

B2GFHP4CUAAAkLL.jpg

UVa @ FSU, 6:30pm: Student section nearly emptied at halftime, game undecided, home team the defending national champions and currently ranked #2.

This has been the trend for several years. Only the Clempsun and ND games have been exceptions this year, so far.

Seems to be the new norm.

The students are NOT close with basketball either. When they start going to exhibition games and midnight madness we can talk. 75% of that student group that shows up to basketball games can't name the starting 5.

LOL.

WHO CARES. Good grief.

You want to know why the students go to the games in such high numbers? Because it is FUN. It's a big social scene. It's entertaining. And...we win!

People need to understand that not all students attending the university are people posting on a SYRACUSE SPORTS FORUM. It's such a simple concept, and so few understand it. It's mind boggling.

What's mind boggling is that YOU don't understand that they are given premium seats and don't deserve them. End of story. If you would like to attempt to defend where they sit i would LOVE to hear that discussion. Noone thinks the students are going to magically give a damn about the program. Just get them the heck out of the best seats in the house.

What's mind boggling is that YOU don't understand that they are given premium seats and don't deserve them. End of story. If you would like to attempt to defend where they sit i would LOVE to hear that discussion. Noone thinks the students are going to magically give a damn about the program. Just get them the heck out of the best seats in the house.

The best seats in the house are between the 30s, and those aren't full either. There are plenty of great seats in the Carrier Dome that go unfilled for football.

Some will be hungover, some will try to get work done and others that may be interested early on are not going to waste their free time on the weekend watching a disappointing product. I was there during the grob years and I can give you a million excuses why I didn't attend a number of games - same thing can be said for the students there now. I was disappointed by a few turnouts when Marrone started to turn things around but I don't think there's any reason to complain until the team has some consistent success.

I wonder if the students standard answer regarding the football team is like people in Syracuse talking about Syracuse weather? No matter what they usually something standard like wait 10 minutes or even after it's been nice for 4 days in a row and today is a rainy day they say "Just like Syracuse weather, always bad". I also am talking about the general public on this as well but have to admit the regular crowd outdrew the students by quite a large margin vs Duke.

3 and 7 ain't helping anything and I'm very glad the team isn't playing any more games in Syracuse this year as it might have gotten pretty ugly attendance wise by all involved.

Because college athletics are supposed to be… you know… for college students.

LOL, best seats in the house.

This is great, keep the posts coming.

Did the students even turnout for the Nova' game?

The reason I'm asking is because if they didn't turn out for Nova', it throws this whole "poor product" consumer angle out the window.

Last edited:
Did the students even turnout for the Nova' game?

The reason I'm asking is because if they didn't turn out for Nova', it throws this whole "poor product" consumer angle out the window.
they did not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom