Biggest plus I took away... | Syracusefan.com

Biggest plus I took away...

from Thursday was that SU looks visibly healthier, considering available players 2-3 weeks ago vs now. The tough amoeba zone with timely shooting can be devastating in this tournament. LGO!

Yes, more healthy and better rested. I believe that a part of our swoon was due to fatigue. We have three starters who have never played an entire college season. In addition, we have a short bench that forces the starters to play a lot of minutes. Endurance athletes know that it can take a year or more for the body to adapt to prolonged bouts of strenuous exercise. Playing three games a week can take a toll even on 18-22 year old athletes.

Tired legs mean flat jumpers and getting to a spot a half step late. The mental pressure of such a long grind can lead to bad decisions and lack of sharpness. The team looked flat in Greensboro which could have been due to fatigue. The WMU game was only our third in 12 days. This gave the guys plenty of time to rest, recover, and refocus. They certainly looked sharp and well rested on Thursday. I never like to lose but the extra days off last weekend may have helped us. The extra two games didn't seem to help Duke!

Yes, we are playing our second game in three days but so is everyone else. I think the fact that our three first year starters have had time to recover help us more than teams with multi year starters.

It's game day! LGO!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom