Biletnikoff award | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Biletnikoff award

Semantics, bro, semantics. You and everyone else knew what I meant.

--

That's what they are tasked to do, sure. My argument is that it's really hard to do. Do you separate coaching from talent too?

It's dumb to punish a guy for playing well because he has more opportunity due to the system. Or "hey this kid had a really good WR coach." It's about taking advantage of the chances you get. Amba Etta Tawo has. It's undeniable. It's a mix of scheme, talent, coaching, and making the most of his opportunity.

Like I've said a thousand times in this thread: if he was just wide open all day due to scheme, you could dismiss him. But that's not what has happened.

I'm not dismissing anything.
I'm not saying anything about punishing anyone and never once have I dismissed him. What I'm saying is that there may be a guy(s) out there that is/are better but have lesser numbers. I gave examples earlier. As I've said all along, the numbers get him in the conversation, but just because he is 1st or 2nd in the country in a category does not immediately mean he is the best WR or make him a lock as a finalist.

I don't know why you fight anyone anytime they suggest something about our team isn't at the pinnacle of college football. When I was doubtful we'd average 40 ppg this year and gave evidence for why it could be true, you were unable to even entertain the idea. It's ok to say we're not the best at something. It doesn't mean we're bad or heading in the wrong direction. Sometimes you have to remove the orange colored glasses.

Wait, you mean a receiver like Odell Backham Jr. didn't win it...he was clearly the best receiver in the game the year he left. Goes to show that the receiver with the most talent doesn't win.

It's talent, system and production together.
I don't disagree with your point but OBJ was not the best receiver in that class... that would be Sammy Watkins. You could argue that in the pros OBJ has been better and you'd be right but Sammy was clearly the most highly regarding receiver in the draft.

I don't disagree with your point but OBJ was not the best receiver in that class... that would be Sammy Watkins. You could argue that in the pros OBJ has been better and you'd be right but Sammy was clearly the most highly regarding receiver in the draft.
Funnier yet, Watkins and O'Dell were both better than Cooper who won it.

Cooks won it and was a monster then and is still one now despite being a smaller fella.

I'm not saying anything about punishing anyone and never once have I dismissed him. What I'm saying is that there may be a guy(s) out there that is/are better but have lesser numbers. I gave examples earlier. As I've said all along, the numbers get him in the conversation, but just because he is 1st or 2nd in the country in a category does not immediately mean he is the best WR or make him a lock as a finalist.

I don't know why you fight anyone anytime they suggest something about our team isn't at the pinnacle of college football. When I was doubtful we'd average 40 ppg this year and gave evidence for why it could be true, you were unable to even entertain the idea. It's ok to say we're not the best at something. It doesn't mean we're bad or heading in the wrong direction. Sometimes you have to remove the orange colored glasses.

1. You're agreeing with what I've said since the beginning then. Good. Glad you came around.

2. Of the things I get accused of here, by far my favorite is "Orange glassss" - I wear my optimism like a badge of honor. It's telling that this is offensive to you.

EDIT: also please show me where I said he should win it.

1. You're agreeing with what I've said since the beginning then. Good. Glad you came around.

2. Of the things I get accused of here, by far my favorite is "Orange glassss" - I wear my optimism like a badge of honor. It's telling that this is offensive to you.

EDIT: also please show me where I said he should win it.
What are you talking about? Everything I said above is what I've already said in about 3-4 other posts.

If by optimism you mean unrealistic, you're spot on. I prefer to root like heck for my team while attempting to hold an objective view of it.

By the way, where are all those 40 point games you told me to expect? They'll probably come next year like I said a few months ago.

What are you talking about? Everything I said above is what I've already said in about 3-4 other posts.

If by optimism you mean unrealistic, you're spot on. I prefer to root like heck for my team while attempting to hold an objective view of it.

By the way, where are all those 40 point games you told me to expect? They'll probably come next year like I said a few months ago.

Sigh. This is getting tiring.

My brand of fandom is clearly correct! © arguments are lame.

You should go back and reread the thread. I never said he should win it. You've been agreeing with me the whole time while arguing with a straw man.

The let's talk about something I was right about and you were wrong about from 6 months ago © is more lame.

Side note: the yards and possessions per game imply a higher PPG than what we are seeing. I assumed our running game would be better and I was wrong. But it's really hard to be top 20 in yards, plays, and possessions, and in the 80's in scoring. Kudos to you for really nailing that one, though. Objectivity!

Wait, you mean a receiver like Odell Backham Jr. didn't win it...he was clearly the best receiver in the game the year he left. Goes to show that the receiver with the most talent doesn't win.

It's talent, system and production together.
Truthfully, that LSU team was downright scary in hindsight...
  • RB - Jeremy Hill
  • RB - Alfred Blue
  • WR - Jarvis Landry
  • WR - Odell Beckham
  • WR - Travin Dural (as a FR)
Yikes!

Cooks won it and was a monster then and is still one now despite being a smaller fella.

Too early to give an affirmative yet, they are only in their 3rd season afterall, but that WR draft class very likely could go down as the best of all time:

upload_2016-10-27_4-10-56.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom