Bills 2024 Thread - Misery loves company | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bills 2024 Thread - Misery loves company

I’d take Pittman in a damn heartbeat. Most underrated wideout in the league. Don’t care at all what his route tree is.
Yeah I just think if you bring him in you pretty much have to move Diggs for a more complimentary player. We could theoretically just try to turn Diggs into the deep guy; he used to be good at that.

Yeah I just think if you bring him in you pretty much have to move Diggs for a more complimentary player. We could theoretically just try to turn Diggs into the deep guy; he used to be good at that.
Sadly it appears he’s on the decline. A few off games happen, but the entire second half of the season? Biggest game of the year and again only 3 catches? Need more. Way more.

I think the Bills would to but can't see it happening with our cap situation. Hopefully he won't end up in KC. I suspect the Pats will pursue him heavily.
I assume this ultimately ends with Indy signing him long term or franchise tagging him. Would be really surprised if they just let him walk.

Sadly it appears he’s on the decline. A few off games happen, but the entire second half of the season? Biggest game of the year and again only 3 catches? Need more. Way more.

The drop on that deep ball was really bad, but man I'm not ready to say he's on the decline yet. Or if he is, it's not that significant. Think of how many deep balls Josh missed him on this year and we'd be singing a different tune if he connected on 2-3 of them. Talking an additional 150-200 yards and 2-3 TD's.

I don't think it's a coincidence that his production declined this season around the same time Brady came on as OC. Between the focus on a more run-heavy offense and the (baffling IMO) decision to use Diggs as a guy catching quick passes at the LOS, it's no surprise his production fell off. The guy is still an exceptional route runner, and we need to get back to using that strength. Feels like things got way too conservative to try to limit Josh's turnovers and we got away from throwing 15-20 yard sideline throws to Diggs or many other "risky" throws the second half of the season.

Also not sure how much he’d command on the open market after the injury, but I’m keeping an eye on Mike Williams as a potential cap casualty in LA.

Also not sure how much he’d command on the open market after the injury, but I’m keeping an eye on Mike Williams as a potential cap casualty in LA.

Ya that could happen for sure. His injury history is so bad though, tough guy to take a gamble on. I believe Allen could be traded or released as well depending on how things go.

Without much research I’m going with we trade 2 picks and end up with

WR
S
WR
C
DE
S
CB
WR
I don’t like drafting safeties . It’s like drafting a 2nd baseman. There’s nowhere for them to move to if they can’t play well enough at that position.

I don’t like drafting safeties . It’s like drafting a 2nd baseman. There’s nowhere for them to move to if they can’t play well enough at that position.
So we should just….? I am confident we will be drafting a safety.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they tried to sign a Safety in FA at low value and coach them up like they did with Hyde/Poyer

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they tried to sign a Safety in FA at low value and coach them up like they did with Hyde/Poyer

I could absolutely see this as well, make sense when you look at Buffalo's cap space. I also wouldn't be surprised if they tried to coax Hyde back on a deal and added another Rapp type to try and band aid one more year until the cap opens back up a little big again.

I could absolutely see this as well, make sense when you look at Buffalo's cap space. I also wouldn't be surprised if they tried to coax Hyde back on a deal and added another Rapp type to try and band aid one more year until the cap opens back up a little big again.

I think Hyde is done. Poyer I think will be back but in a lesser role and they'll get his replacement next year. I would resign Daquon and let the rest of the FA walk outside of maybe Edwards.

Jeremy Chinn might be a guy they target, he's a FA and they had interest in him predraft a few years ago. Get a Safety on a deal like they did with McGovern at Guard along with cheap veterans then go into the draft.

Draft two WRs, two DL, an IOL, Safety and maybe a Corner.

Like Greg mentioned here, I also wonder if maybe they sign Allen to another extension to bump his pay back close to the top 5 QBs and create more cap flexibility after next year.

Baltimore 7 pts in the first half, MVP Lamar showing up "Big" again.
I love Lamar but based on both stats and eye test, the MVP ...
Amazon Football GIF by NFL On Prime Video