BJ hits the SU campus on Saturday... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BJ hits the SU campus on Saturday...

We will be driving up in the morning for 12noon orientation at the Melo Center.
View attachment 3972

Not fully related, but golfed with the AAU coach of one of the incoming frosh. He was overly effusive about McCullough - big time - and this was not from his coach.

Excited for the season. Hope Ennis can be what we need him to be.

Not fully related, but golfed with the AAU coach of one of the incoming frosh. He was overly effusive about McCullough - big time - and this was not from his coach.

Excited for the season. Hope Ennis can be what we need him to be.
Sandy Pyonin?

We will be driving up in the morning for 12noon orientation at the Melo Center.
View attachment 3972
Is this your first birdie to leave the nest? Because I can tell you, that can be pretty darn rough. I know you'll be here a lot but he will still be on his own, and you will have one less kid in the house. I'll never forget the dazed car ride home with my hubby and daughter after we left our son at Cornell. And it was only an hour away!

Good luck to both of you as you make one of the biggest adjustments of family life. I can't wait to see BJ play and I hope you will be able to meet some of us board members at some point.

Seems like yesterday it was 2008 and I was doing the "home to the dome" at Syracuse for my freshman year. Miss it a lot. I seriously want to know how many beers I drank in those four years. I am jealous of your son!

Not only because he gets four amazing years ahead of him, but because he is significantly better at basketball than me. Enjoy your trip up.

Is this your first birdie to leave the nest? Because I can tell you, that can be pretty darn rough. I know you'll be here a lot but he will still be on his own, and you will have one less kid in the house. I'll never forget the dazed car ride home with my hubby and daughter after we left our son at Cornell. And it was only an hour away!

Good luck to both of you as you make one of the biggest adjustments of family life. I can't wait to see BJ play and I hope you will be able to meet some of us board members at some point.
He is the last of two one being my older stepson. I only have one.

The first day on campus, at least for me, was one of those "what the hell am i doing here?" Moments. Suddenly i realized that i was no longer a big fish in a small pond (high school) but rather a minuscule minnow in a vast ocean.

One the other hand, it was also quite liberating in the sense that it was a fresh start. No one knew anyone and there was something genuinely awesome about that--probably my favorite moment in time while in college. Meeting new people, trying to figure out who id be hanging out with the next few years.

Enough reminiscing. Good luck to BJ. Hope he has as much fun as i did.

The first day on campus, at least for me, was one of those "what the hell am i doing here?" Moments. Suddenly i realized that i was no longer a big fish in a small pond (high school) but rather a minuscule minnow in a vast ocean.

One the other hand, it was also quite liberating in the sense that it was a fresh start. No one knew anyone and there was something genuinely awesome about that--probably my favorite moment in time while in college. Meeting new people, trying to figure out who id be hanging out with the next few years.

Thanks, in speaking with coach AA, BJ will do the orientation and get settled in on Saturday. But the fitness/BB workouts and nutritional program will begin immediately with Coach AA and others coaches. No time for BS, time to go to work. They expect BJ to be able to play multiple positions for the Cuse effectively being able to handle the rock as needed and to playing both wing spots. BJ at last weigh-in was 186pds/6'7" about 3-4weeks ago. He will get 6weeks of training/lifting etc. prior to the Canada trip (in which I'm trying to attend 1 0r 2 games as a fan:) , hopefully) which will allow him to increase his physical and bb skill set moving forward. He stays in the gym constantly with a purpose. He will get a lot of one on one workouts with the coaches being that he will be the only one there at this time which is good until the others arrive later before the trip. His class will start the following week. He is excited as we are as well for his experience at SU. Let's Go SUball

Thanks, in speaking with coach AA, BJ will do the orientation and get settled in on Saturday. But the fitness/BB workouts and nutritional program will begin immediately with Coach AA and others coaches. No time for BS, time to go to work. They expect BJ to be able to play multiple positions for the Cuse effectively being able to handle the rock as needed and to playing both wing spots. BJ at last weigh-in was 186pds/6'7" about 3-4weeks ago. He will get 6weeks of training/lifting etc. prior to the Canada trip (in which I'm trying to attend 1 0r 2 games as a fan:) , hopefully) which will allow him to increase his physical and bb skill set moving forward. He stays in the gym constantly with a purpose. He will get a lot of one on one workouts with the coaches being that he will be the only one there at this time which is good until the others arrive later before the trip. His class will start the following week. He is excited as we are as well for his experience at SU. Let's Go SUball

Where is he living?

He may be a more of 6'7.5" as I am 6'5 under the hat in the photo.

[quote="cusetown1, post: 673150, member: 38"keep it real on and off the court![/quote]
Is this in my mind or is it real?
Of course it's in your mind, but why should that make it any less real!

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

[quote="cusetown1, post: 673150, member: 38"keep it real on and off the court!
Is this in my mind or is it real?
Of course it's in your mind, but why should that make it any less real!

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2[/quote]
image.jpg

and then you discovered Chuck's.......

Good luck to BJ. Make us proud.

OGB do you think BJ could play some PG in the longrun for Syracuse??

I look at BJ, Buss, and Cooney and I think BJ has more of pullup off the jumper then Cooney. I like Cooney as a bachup point though because hes a spot up shooter who hasn't knocked down 3 three pointers a game on average. Being at point should better his shooting and give room for a scoring driver at SG. You dont need a driving point at the college level for more then 25mpg sometimes never as 09-10 scoop showed us.

Something I noticed that I think could stand out while watching BJ vs Ron though. Ron naturally loves to go left and pullup for a midrange J while BJ naturally loves to go right and pullup. 85+% of Cuses plays the pg is on the right side of the ball. I could see that chemistry in the longrun of BJ on the right and Patterson on the left if that continues.

BJ going right
If you watch some of Ron's mixtapes you can't miss his sidestep left pullup.

OGB do you think BJ could play some PG in the longrun for Syracuse??

I look at BJ, Buss, and Cooney and I think BJ has more of pullup off the jumper then Cooney. I like Cooney as a bachup point though because hes a spot up shooter who hasn't knocked down 3 three pointers a game on average. Being at point should better his shooting and give room for a scoring driver at SG. You dont need a driving point at the college level for more then 25mpg sometimes never as 09-10 scoop showed us.

Something I noticed that I think could stand out while watching BJ vs Ron though. Ron naturally loves to go left and pullup for a midrange J while BJ naturally loves to go right and pullup. 85+% of Cuses plays the pg is on the right side of the ball. I could see that chemistry in the longrun of BJ on the right and Patterson on the left if that continues.

BJ going right
If you watch some of Ron's mixtapes you can't miss his sidestep left pullup.
I believe that BJ could play the 1-3 positions for SU do his ability to handle the ball as a 1-2 to relieve some of the pressure off of the point guard at times. He will be able to hit open shots as a recipient of driving and kicking from others. He will also be able to go off the bounce to score from the wing as a 2-3 and create for his teammates. As for the segment of the workout, We like to conduct situations that allows BJ to utilize his ability to go right and left with the same speed and quickness to make it difficult for defenders to guard him. Although his strong side is left, it is important for him to continue to improve skills in all phases.
See second half of video at MKC http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xN76U14OW8E#t=5s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom