BJ played in the K of Kings tonight. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BJ played in the K of Kings tonight.

A few more nice to haves:
FG% Patterson 10/16, Coleman 11/14, Johnson 10/22 - great numbers for all three guys. Really nice to see both BJ and Buss shoot the ball well and from deep.
3PT% Patterson 2/7, Johnson 2/7
FT% Coleman 6/7, Patterson 1/2

The best part if this is Coleman's 28 pts on 14 shots which in turn allows your gaurds to shot a lot. Having an effective Coleman this coming season even if its only taking 9-12 shots a game ans shooting over 50% simply changes the offensive opertunities for the other guys.

I have a few questions for anyone that can answer:

(1) How long has this 'King of Kings' league been in existence and (2) is there any way to access all of the stats from this year and previous years? I know its a summer league and all, but with internet it has to be out there somewhere.

I have a few questions for anyone that can answer:

(1) How long has this 'King of Kings' league been in existence and (2) is there any way to access all of the stats from this year and previous years? I know its a summer league and all, but with internet it has to be out there somewhere.
Links are posted above. If you go to http://www.kingofkingsutica.org/ , you will find this years stats.
For previous years, try http://www.kingofkingsutica.com/ instead of .org and their facebook.
It's all there.

Hey Bobby, updates are in.
http://www.kingofkingsutica.org/#!men-week-7-results/c16xw
Results: just plain nasty!
"Problems was able to make it somewhat of a game late, but a new-and-improved Takeover squad rolled into playoffs with a high-scoring W. DaJuan Coleman and company showed up with two new players – Ron Patterson & BJ Johnson, both incoming freshmen at Syracuse University who will be playing there. Neither disappointed – Patterson scored 23 points and handed out 11 assists, and Johnson had 22 with 10 rebounds and 2 steals. DaJuan Coleman led Takeover (5-2) with 28 points, 15 rebounds, and 5 assists, all while shooting 11 for 14 from the field."

All three, BJ, DC2, and Buss just ripped it.
To have all our boys score 20 plus points, Buss with 11 assists, BJ with 10 boards and 2 steals and DC2 with another all-around monster of a game, bodes very well for the upcoming season.

Let's go!
I like!!

FYI, I was told that the SU guys have played their last game in the K of K or any other league as they were instructed by coaches. Good idea as they prepare to take a break after classes which end this week and start practicing for the Canada trip next week avoiding unwanted injuries. BJ will probably come home for 2-3days and get back early to start working out days before the 15th when they officially start practicing. This will most likely be the only time that he will be home for a while due to the bb schedule and the start of class. He probably misses my cooking/grilling.;) I told him to stay at school to continue to workout and skip coming home so he could continue to sharpen his skills/strength going into the practices. After all he is competing for playing time on the floor. SUballI guess a brief time off won't hurt only until the living quarters reopen. Of course after our conversation he is reconsidering. :bat:I also told him if I'm trying to be impressive on a consistent basis then I stay demonstrating to the coaches work ethic/dedication to getting better and a will to take minutes on the floor this season being ready at all times for whatever. Hell, its not like your CJ Fair, your a freshmen trying to earn meaningful minutes on the floor. We could take a couple of days to visit him, I could use a little drive. Either way, it will be okay has he continues to work hard be in position to be on the floor assisting the team in some way. Keep Shooting/Scoring/Working MAN!!!!:mad:

Hey Bobby, updates are in.
http://www.kingofkingsutica.org/#!men-week-7-results/c16xw
– Patterson scored 23 points and handed out 11 assists,
All three, BJ, DC2, and Buss just ripped it.
To have all our boys score 20 plus points, Buss with 11 assists, BJ with 10 boards and 2 steals and DC2 with another all-around monster of a game, bodes very well for the upcoming season.

Let's go!

Patterson with the back up point guard audition. 11 assists. I like that.

I'd have been running home for bbq and the grill.
:)
Still, incentive either way, as I went to school in upstate NY. Plenty of good food up there too!
It is my B-Day on the 8th and we plan to have a few people over for a celebration on Friday and BJ will be home that day as well. So the grill I guess it is.

FYI, I was told that the SU guys have played their last game in the K of K or any other league as they were instructed by coaches. Good idea as they prepare to take a break after classes which end this week and start practicing for the Canada trip next week avoiding unwanted injuries. BJ will probably come home for 2-3days and get back early to start working out days before the 15th when they officially start practicing. This will most likely be the only time that he will be home for a while due to the bb schedule and the start of class. He probably misses my cooking/grilling.;) I told him to stay at school to continue to workout and skip coming home so he could continue to sharpen his skills/strength going into the practices. After all he is competing for playing time on the floor. SUballI guess a brief time off won't hurt only until the living quarters reopen. Of course after our conversation he is reconsidering. :bat:I also told him if I'm trying to be impressive on a consistent basis then I stay demonstrating to the coaches work ethic/dedication to getting better and a will to take minutes on the floor this season being ready at all times for whatever. Hell, its not like your CJ Fair, your a freshmen trying to earn meaningful minutes on the floor. We could take a couple of days to visit him, I could use a little drive. Either way, it will be okay has he continues to work hard be in position to be on the floor assisting the team in some way. Keep Shooting/Scoring/Working MAN!!!!:mad:

You're a great Dad! BJ may not totally realize it yet as he's still pretty young, but someday he will, and it will all come back to you my friend, and you'll know that it was all worthwhile. Although having your son play for the 'Cuse must be an incredible honor already. But as you say, nothing will be handed to him!

It is my B-Day on the 8th and we plan to have a few people over for a celebration on Friday and BJ will be home that day as well. So the grill I guess it is.
Excellent, man. Have a great b-day. You're in good company as my mom's birthday was a few days ago. Going to celebrate with her and dad in the poconos for the next few days.
You're 29, right?
:)

I guess you can say the Buss stopped in Utica over the weekend...

I don't have anything for BJ, sorry Bobby. Tee that's your job.
I got this.
tee - Copy (5).jpg

Takeover and our boys lost the semis on Wednesday. Results... you know they're somewhere in cyberspace. :)
Not sure who played but we'll get the results, all in due time.

Takeover and our boys lost the semis on Wednesday. Results... you know they're somewhere in cyberspace. :)
Not sure who played but we'll get the results, all in due time.
Our boys were advised by James Arthur not to play because practice starts next week... as per our boy OBJ

FYI: As I do weekly in communicating with Coach Red about BJ's development. He said "BJ is the strongest freshman in the weight room and continues to get stronger. He needs to continue to eat the proper foods for protein, fuel etc. He continues to improve in workouts learning the defensive schemes both up top and from the front court. He is picking up the defensive slides/assignments quickly. His shot release is a lot quicker and more fluent. He works on a lot of ball handling drills as far as getting low and dipping his shoulder to get by defenders through contact, getting into the lane driving and kicking, coming to a jump stop for pull ups in the lane. He finished his workouts up real strong and we will resume on Monday when he returns. The kid stays in the gym which is good" Also spoke with asst. coach Horace Owens of LaSalle on Wednesday and he stated the he spoke with G-Mac at a Hoop group tourney stating that G-Mac said "BJ is doing really well at this time and he is really impressed with his skill level and work ethic."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom