BJ | Syracusefan.com

BJ

two3zone

RIP Shark58
Was listening to the post game on 1260 and heard something about BJ staring down JB after he was pulled and the host said something about rumors of his transferring. I understand that him it Buss would be likely candidates to transfer but this is the first I've heard of it. And did anybody else see this stare down? I usually check the game thread or post when the games not being played and may have missed it.

Anyone see the awful defense he played today in the short time he was in there

Lost the shooter in the corner then had his normal casual close out with no hand up.

Was listening to the post game on 1260 and heard something about BJ staring down JB after he was pulled and the host said something about rumors of his transferring. I understand that him it Buss would be likely candidates to transfer but this is the first I've heard of it. And did anybody else see this stare down? I usually check the game thread or post when the games not being played and may have missed it.

There were some BJ stare downs to JB before he got pulled.

It was the 1st time i saw JB actually coaching BJ too. Once I saw BJ's attitude, i thought to myself "next"

Anyone see the awful defense he played today in the short time he was in there

Lost the shooter in the corner then had his normal casual close out with no hand up.

JB saw it and pulled him because of it. He was all over the place. I'm not sure that wasn't just better passing than our D could handle on that play. He was pulled in to the box because Pitt had 2 guys in there and he was trying to help Rak and just didn't get out soon enough on the ball reversal. He probably should have been moving sooner.

Hey, you need to change your avatar. We don't play defense like that anymore. It's more like this.

o o
o o

o

and that's being generous. I think G is going out too far now.

Edit -

Well, that didn't work. Bummer.

JB saw it and pulled him because of it. He was all over the place. I'm not sure that wasn't just better passing than our D could handle on that play. He was pulled in to the box because Pitt had 2 guys in there and he was trying to help Rak and just didn't get out soon enough on the ball reversal. He probably should have been moving sooner.

Hey, you need to change your avatar. We don't play defense like that anymore. It's more like this.

o o
o o

o

and that's being generous. I think G is going out too far now.

Edit -

Well, that didn't work. Bummer.

He actually didnt pull him after that 3. I was really pleased with JB for not pulling him and actually coaching him. But BJ gave him lots of attitude. He even made another mistake after that JB didnt pull him for. I was shocked.

It was the 1st time i saw JB actually coaching BJ too. Once I saw BJ's attitude, i thought to myself "next"

I saw a couple exchanges between them where it looked like BJ was giving Coach the appropriate attitude (I mean positive). I didn't see the stare downs.

I saw a couple exchanges between them where it looked like BJ was giving Coach the appropriate attitude (I mean positive). I didn't see the stare downs.

the 1 after he left the kid in the corner and didnt put his hands up. it was VERY awkward on TV.

JB even gave him a "love tap" to wake him up. And BJ just walked away and ignored him after that.

He actually didnt pull him after that 3. I was really pleased with JB for not pulling him and actually coaching him. But BJ gave him lots of attitude. He even made another mistake after that JB didnt pull him for. I was shocked.

Maybe you're right. I guess I'm remembering him getting yelled at in the timeout that followed shortly after.

I feel bad for the kid.

I don't think BJ transfers. He wasn't recruited to have a significant role this season and has forced into action, even if only for a few minutes a game. JB did not think Grant would be gone, or that Coleman would be dinged up for as long as he has when he recruited BJ. The kid is just that, a kid. Still growing, still adding muscle. Give him time and he will get there just like Rak.

In the second half BJ committed a foul and was called over to the side line by JIMBO who proceeded to push his hand onBJ's chest and then rip into mim with a face that can best be described as out of control on national television. If Boeheim doesn't believe his actions are way over the top its time for the geezer to go.BTW That geezer is older than this geezer He still is weak on rotating his players to save their strength. Put Obokoh in the game early enough to give him some real experience and save Rak's body for late game contributions We all know Chinso doesn't have the ability yet but he won't get it in practice or late game minutes when we are ahead which lately isn't happening. Put BJ in there early for Roberson. Joseph gives the team nothing so put in Paterson and if he sees a 3 shot that he is comfortable with let the kid shoot it. The kid must learn to control himself and not put the ball in the air every time he gets it restricting him isn't the way to teach him.

In the second half BJ committed a foul and was called over to the side line by JIMBO who proceeded to push his hand onBJ's chest and then rip into mim with a face that can best be described as out of control on national television. If Boeheim doesn't believe his actions are way over the top its time for the geezer to go.BTW That geezer is older than this geezer He still is weak on rotating his players to save their strength. Put Obokoh in the game early enough to give him some real experience and save Rak's body for late game contributions We all know Chinso doesn't have the ability yet but he won't get it in practice or late game minutes when we are ahead which lately isn't happening. Put BJ in there early for Roberson. Joseph gives the team nothing so put in Paterson and if he sees a 3 shot that he is comfortable with let the kid shoot it. The kid must learn to control himself and not put the ball in the air every time he gets it restricting him isn't the way to teach him.

Chino might help by at least making the guys earn the points at the free throw line. This 'ole defense is tough to watch. I know why Rak does it, and it's worked a bunch this year, but we need to clear some of these guys out of the paint so they don't get so many second chances. I'm not talking anything more than a couple minutes here and there.

I saw JB put his hands on BJ as well. Didn't care for that.

Why he never redshirted is baffling for a variety of reasons. He iwas and is way too skinny, young for his class, he was not seeing time last year with our forwards in place, and he has nice potential. If he wasnt a perfect candidate for a redshirt I dont know who is. Be curious if the staff approached BJ about it and he rebuffed.

We've had a lot of players that struggled for years yet contributed later in their careers at SU. Some of those same players were rumored to be considering leaving and some did, but few left and moved on to better things. I hope BJ sticks it out and develops into what we need and want him to be. These kids make a big commitment to come here & play and we shouldn't be too quick to give up on them. Some of our most memorable seniors were very puzzling underclassmen. Hang in there BJ...

I never saw a staredown. I still see a decent skill set in the kid, but his defense is mind-bendingly bad.

Why he and Joseph seem soooooooooooooooooo insistent on NOT contesting three point shots is beyond me. It really truly baffles me. Like lifting their arms up and jumping would bring forth the end of days or something.

That being said, I hope he stays (unless it brings us Thomas Bryant). He has the tools - just hasn't clicked yet (other than the opening game).

Shenexon said:
We've had a lot of players that struggled for years yet contributed later in their careers at SU. Some of those same players were rumored to be considering leaving and some did, but few left and moved on to better things. I hope BJ sticks it out and develops into what we need and want him to be. These kids make a big commitment to come here & play and we shouldn't be too quick to give up on them. Some of our most memorable seniors were very puzzling underclassmen. Hang in there BJ...
Amen brother.

Maybe you're right. I guess I'm remembering him getting yelled at in the timeout that followed shortly after.

I feel bad for the kid.

i agree with you. I felt bad for him too. But I've also been on Boeheim like white on rice for the way he was riding some of the players. Today was the 1st day I saw him letting the players play through some mistakes and actually coach and encourage the players.

The 2nd BJ mistake (i think it was a rebound, but don't quote me on it) he even clapped encouragement to BJ.

BJ's reactions to all of Boeheim was subpar IMO.

The love tap I was talking about was in the 1st half, FYI. I watched the 2nd half at my local hangout and can't be held accountable for any of that.

i agree with you. I felt bad for him too. But I've also been on Boeheim like white on rice for the way he was riding some of the players. Today was the 1st day I saw him letting the players play through some mistakes and actually coach and encourage the players.

The 2nd BJ mistake (i think it was a rebound, but don't quote me on it) he even clapped encouragement to BJ.

BJ's reactions to all of Boeheim was subpar IMO.

Thought the same thing lol, because those reactions are basically what I do to my boss and Im not exactly his biggest fan. BJ seemed to be thinking "yea yea coach ,w.e." . Could be totally wrong but thats the impression I got

I never saw a staredown. I still see a decent skill set in the kid, but his defense is mind-bendingly bad.

Why he and Joseph seem soooooooooooooooooo insistent on NOT contesting three point shots is beyond me. It really truly baffles me. Like lifting their arms up and jumping would bring forth the end of days or something.

That being said, I hope he stays (unless it brings us Thomas Bryant). He has the tools - just hasn't clicked yet (other than the opening game).

The stare down is not being made up. If you didnt see it, that's kind of a you problem. It 100% happened over a long stretch and was very clear over the ESPN2 feed.

The stare down is not being made up. If you didnt see it, that's kind of a you problem. It 100% happened over a long stretch and was very clear over the ESPN2 feed.

Kind of a me problem? lol

I never saw it. I didn't say it didn't occur. :crazy:

Kind of a me problem? lol

I never saw it. I didn't say it didn't occur. :crazy:

Fair enough. But it seemed like you were contradicting other people talking about the staredown.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have now read it 5+ times and still think you are contradicting the staredown.

classic eye roll by bj. seemed to say "enuf already now let me play"

On defense I saw BJ make a very good rotation sagging in the middle creating a TO for Pitt. JB seems to be talking to him on the bench instructing, showing him stuff. He is too thin to currently make an impact on the boards but if he used his length and speed effectively on the wings he could provide needed defensive depth. Offensively his mechanics seem off, he shoots coming from the chest so it takes too long for him to get his shot off. It looks to me that they have been working with him on it and it just isn't automatic yet. It's probably effecting his accuracy until it takes hold. He needs a niche - defensive intensity, rebounding, ballhandling - some aspect where he makes the team better - to crack the rotation and make a difference. A year with a kid that young getting stronger could make a world of difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom