Bob Casullo on OrangeNation | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bob Casullo on OrangeNation

-ba9196a6d4693b8a_medium.jpg

GET OFF MY LAWN!!

I am enamored with the lack of logic and critical thinking. If your team plays a perfect game defensively and holds an opponent to zero, and the opponent plays a perfect defensive game and holds you to zero, you tie.

Scoring wins games.

I'm thinking that Syracuse University could donate $1M to the Casullo fund, and he would find a problem with it. Not for nothing, but he hates SU more than the media. ;)

I am enamored with the lack of logic and critical thinking. If your team plays a perfect game defensively and holds an opponent to zero, and the opponent plays a perfect defensive game and holds you to zero, you tie.

Scoring wins games.
It's not either/or. If both teams score touchdowns every possession you tie too. You have to score and stop the other team from scoring. Offense,defense, and special teams win games.

It's not either/or. If both teams score touchdowns every possession you it's a tie too. You have to score and stop the other team from scoring. Offense,defense, and special teams win games.
No, it's offense. It actually is.

So if both teams play a perfect game on offense and score tds every possession it doesn't end in a tie?
Shutouts happen. There's not a single team in any sport that has ever had a perfect offensive game. Let alone two teams, that just so happen to achieve this against each other. Plus, that assumes equal opportunities for both teams, which due to the timed nature of sports may not be guaranteed. So your question doesn't matter.

The only perfect correlation in all of sports is that the team with more points wins 100% of the time.

On second thought, I'm really glad he said this today. Pairs well with a high scoring WIN.

Shutouts happen. There's not a single team in any sport that has ever had a perfect offensive game. Let alone two teams, that just so happen to achieve this against each other. Plus, that assumes equal opportunities for both teams, which due to the timed nature of sports may not be guaranteed. So your question doesn't matter.

The only perfect correlation in all of sports is that the team with more points wins 100% of the time.
I agree with your last statement exactly. But the way you arrive at that result is a combination of offense and defense. A team has never won a game that has not at some point in the game stopped the other team's offense.

I get that you've been frustrated for a long time and was one of the first advocates for an offense like the one we have now. I'm excited about it too, but I'm not going to pretend defense doesn't matter. If HCDB agreed with that he wouldn't have changed defensive coordinators between years one and two at Bowling Green.

I agree with your last statement exactly. But the way you arrive at that result is a combination of offense and defense. A team has never won a game that has not at some point in the game stopped the other team's offense.

I get that you've been frustrated for a long time and was one of the first advocates for an offense like the one we have now. I'm excited about it too, but I'm not going to pretend defense doesn't matter. If HCDB agreed with that he wouldn't have changed defensive coordinators between years one and two at Bowling Green.

If defense matters to Jim Boeheim, it should matter to Dino Babers.

SWC75 said:
If defense matters to Jim Boeheim, it should matter to Dino Babers.

It does. He demoted his best friend after one year at BG.

I mean this with the utmost respect, but who the FOCK cares what Casullo thinks anymore? That guy has been a super Debbie Downer since he was permanently excused from SU.

I will translate Casullo's caveman language into American english . He is expressing the difficulty of trying to be a defensive coordinator on a team who's offense will either score quickly or go 3 and out often . It scares and worries him at a primitive level , which is the only level he has .

He was just telling Steve and Sal that he doesn't care for Dino Baber's style of offense and really wishes we would do what Paul Johnson is going at Georgia Tech "because it's hard to prepare for". Oh, and "I'm a believer that defense wins games."

But he likes Dino and believes in what Al Davis said: "Just win baby!"
Casullo cut his teeth on the Wishbone up at Henninger...I know because I player there then.

He is a clown and I don't understand why Infanti has him as a weekly guest. I turned off the show the minute he said he does not like Babers offense. Great guy to have on the air on game day.

There was a legion of CBA alums/golf buddies of Bob that defended him to the end of the earth while his ST were getting torched each week. Maybe Infanti is one of those connections